V-Twin Forum banner

103 best cam

30K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  thedriver 
#1 ·
Want to replace my std cam in a 2012 street glide with 103 cube motor. It only has v&hines slip on mufflers a s/eagle ventilator air intake and running a power vision tuner. I want the strongest torque cam for 2000/2500 up to 5000rpm range. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Hard to beat the se 204. It has made the most tq in any of the 103 factor motors i have done.
Cycle rama 575 looks like something to try also.

#3 ·
The Tman 625 is an excellent cam option for your 103"er also. They produce great torque and keep your valve train as quiet as stock.

Just my 2 cents...from No Cents.

:whisper:

117" Darkhorse build...all smiles!!!

:clap:

#4 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure your stock 103 valve springs will only handle up to about .575 lift but thats OK as you heads un-ported wont produce a hole lot of power on top. There are plenty of cams out there that will work well. Evert body has there favorite. Mines the DM-575

#6 ·
cyclerama 575 is a nice cam as is the 204, my choice however would be the T-man 555 torqster, Had one on the dyno last week and was thoroughly impressed with the power and the quiet operation.

#7 ·
Opinions on these forums are just that...opinions. 5 different people will all tell you the cam they recommend is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Too many people recommending cams based on "best tq" or "best hp". Best of either means squat if you don't spend much time there. The thing to do is search the net for dyno sheets and find a cam that performs in the rpm range that you spend most of YOUR time in and YOUR style of riding. Try to find a dyno sheet for a bike similar to yours, build wise.

#8 ·
Cr ??

what is the CR of the engine ?? that would be a very good place to start. not all cams work well with all CR's. cams are selected by many things, CR matters. along with exhaust system ( your exaust should be fine ) those 2 things can make or breake a build. i am no builder or tuner but i know that much. been there done that. my $.02 worth. good luck getting where you want to be. alot of guys on this forum are very good at this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.