TMan TR555 Torqster Cam : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Ozroder wants to know Dino or Syn?
TMan TR555 Torqster Cam

Anyone using it yet?

I just ran my performance trends desk top dyno and setup a 103"" engine with stock heads and intake and ran the Woods TW5-6, TW555 and then the TR555Torqster........

IMO, The TW5-6 is one of the best bagger cams on the market.....it pulls from 1800rpm right up to 5000rpm which with stock heads, aftermarket pipes (Jackpot 2-1-2) and decent A/C gives a very tidy performance increase which works very well in baggers and in the rpm range where these bikes spend most of their life..........

I just ran the TR555 T cam and laid the graph over the TW5-6 and it is almost identical.

It has got me intreaged to the point that I will order one to try it out in my 2010 103"" FLHTK which is going to get the Champion Sidecar independant suspension trike kit added shortly.

Ozroder
Ozroder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
OUCH! That hurt

wfolarry wants to know Dino or Syn?
Run an Andrews 37 in that program & see how it compares.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

HogBag wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ozroder
The http://threedomwheels.com.au/index.p...d=60&Itemid=87 on the bagger sounds great. The wood 5-6 is a great cam.
HogBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

TCTrain wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just ran the TR555 T cam and laid the graph over the TW5-6 and it is almost identical.

It has got me intreaged to the point that I will order one to try it out in my 2010 103""

Why wouldn't you just get the Woods 5-6 ?
TCTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

bglidin wants to know Dino or Syn?
TK Cams

Please post the results for all of us Limited owners .
bglidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Coonass Extraordinaire

beaureed445 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTrain View Post

It has got me intreaged to the point that I will order one to try it out in my 2010 103""

If they're identical, you could save yourself almost $40 by going with the TR555 ($358 vs $390 for TW5-6).

2007 FXST
113" Science Project- Baisley Heads, T-Man Cams, HPI t/b,
CP Piston return springs, Fatcat with high flow muffler bearings,
Amsoil synthetic blinker fluid, etc, etc, etc.......
beaureed445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Hello WFO Larry, the 37 pulled approx 4 f/lb of torque less than both the TR555 and TW5-6 in this combination.

HP was almost identical in all three.............

The TW5-6 requires re shimming slightly stronger for the stock bee hive springs due to the super fast ramp rate of that cam and the TR555 has a longer over nose and faster ramp than the A37.

So if the ramp angle and nose was increased on the 37 it could possibly match the other two but...........having a custom cam made to suit would not produce enough of an increase to warrant the expense in my book.

I would like to see the TR555 against the TW5-6 in a real life test in an identical build.........and dont get me wrong I have raved about the TW5-6 since 2004.

Ozroder
Old 06-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Axe Man

BVBOB wants to know Dino or Syn?
A steeper ramped 37 cam is also known as an R&R 525, great cam as is the 37. As far as the various 555 cams they are nothing more than the performance shops way of getting a market share of what has proven to be an excellent cam in the form of an Andrews 54 grind.
553 bd cams
Power duals with re-core cvo
Welded crank

1982 FXRS
new paint
new tires
new brakes
new clutch
Soon to be back on the road

Being honest may not make you a lot of friends but it will always make you the right ones.
BVBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

nosillyname wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBOB View Post
......As far as the various 555 cams they are nothing more than the performance shops way of getting a market share of what has proven to be an excellent cam in the form of an Andrews 54 grind.
BVBOB, from what I've read, the Andrews 54 cam is a great cam, but it likes a bit more than stock compression? Is that right?

If so, would the T-Man 555 Torqster cam be a better choice for stock 103" heads due to its earlier intake close at 37 I think?

What is your preferred "bolt-in" cam for the factory 103" baggers?

Thanks.
nosillyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

happyman wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosillyname View Post
BVBOB, from what I've read, the Andrews 54 cam is a great cam, but it likes a bit more than stock compression? Is that right?

If so, would the T-Man 555 Torqster cam be a better choice for stock 103" heads due to its earlier intake close at 37 I think?

What is your preferred "bolt-in" cam for the factory 103" baggers?

Thanks.
seems all these cams require more compression to be efficiant. also the 54 is pretty quiet in comparison. on a bagger whcih has lowers it is very eveident
happyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

I ended up going with SE255 cams for now with stock heads, adjustable P/Rods, Feulmoto:2.1.2 head pipe and SE Fatshotz (Supertrapp slip ons ) with 10 disc each side and open cap ends..........great sound and performance...............

Next year in winter I will go with DVS Heads ported to suit the TW5-6 cams and get DVR to open up my stock 50mm DBW Intake to 54mm............a mate of mine in Oz Hogbag has this setup in his bagger and it pulls like a train ...........

I am going to throw the TR555T cams into my son in laws crossbones 96" with cyclerama lifters and see what that does.............

Ozroder
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

TCTrain wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wouldn't the CR 575 provide better low end in the stock compression 96" in the Crossbones?
TCTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

nosillyname wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozroder View Post
I ended up going with SE255 cams for now with stock heads, adjustable P/Rods, Feulmoto:2.1.2 head pipe and SE Fatshotz (Supertrapp slip ons ) with 10 disc each side and open cap ends..........great sound and performance...............

Next year in winter I will go with DVS Heads ported to suit the TW5-6 cams and get DVR to open up my stock 50mm DBW Intake to 54mm............a mate of mine in Oz Hogbag has this setup in his bagger and it pulls like a train ...........

I am going to throw the TR555T cams into my son in laws crossbones 96" with cyclerama lifters and see what that does.............

Ozroder
Hi Ozroder... keep us posted on those TR555 cams. Can't find many people who have used them yet
nosillyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Will do for sure.............SIL has been busy painting house for past week so no time to fit TR555T cams yet.........but I will let you know on here and Aussie forum shortly.....................

Ozroder
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTrain View Post

Hello Train, I believe the TW5`s require the stock springs to be shimmed as a minimum to handle these cams.........with any of the stock heads due to ramp rate and lift of .575" ...........which means plucking the heads and when I eventually do that I will ensure squish is correct as well as comp ratio and I have a set of high velocity raised floor intake port heads are ready to go in.........with valves ground to weigh the same, 1.94" intakes, radius on exhaust valve lip and 5 angle valve job............

Ozroder

Last edited by Ozroder; 12-01-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement