Dynatec TC88-2P recommended setting : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

HugoBetz wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dynatec TC88-2P recommended setting

Can anyone give me a good setting for my TC88-2P used on my 98" twin cam. It has everything listed in my signature. I currently have it set at 36A, which is close to stock. Thanks.

Two tours in Afghanistan
Army Corp Of Engineers
HugoBetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

mtnmotorrider wants to know where he is and how he got here
I just put one of those on a Buddie's 97" all bore I just built. Same cam and street ported '07 heads. We started with the same curve for break-in and it runs fine. As soon as it has a few hundred miles on it and we can start opening her up, I will start moving up in the advance curves until it starts to ping, them back down to the privious one. We will also experiment with the curves when we take it to the dyno. Suggest you try the same.

'07 Road Glide, 103 ci, Big Boyz "Bigger Valve" Street Port 85 cc heads, .030 quench for 10.2:1 cr, SE flat tops, Wood TW 6-6's, K&N air filter, Cobra/Fat Cat bastardized two-into-one exhaust, TMAT ECM with Auto-Tune.
mtnmotorrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Thanks... will most likely have to do this. I was just hoping more people would chime in to see if there are similar settings.

Two tours in Afghanistan
Army Corp Of Engineers
Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

2000FiveOh wants to know where he is and how he got here
I run a36 in the cooler months and a34 in the summer. I didn't feel much difference at 38 or 40 so I stayed at 36 to be safe.
2000 Road King, 96", K&N AC, Andrews 26G cams, Pre-EPA SE Slip Ons, 3:37 Primary gearing, EFI to carb, 105,000 and still rolling
2000FiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

36A is where I have mine. The instructions say to start there since it is the closest to stock. I plan to have Hillside dynotune it as soon as it's broken in. Probably the next week or two if it stops raining.

Two tours in Afghanistan
Army Corp Of Engineers
Old 04-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

2000FiveOh wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBetz View Post
36A is where I have mine. The instructions say to start there since it is the closest to stock. I plan to have Hillside dynotune it as soon as it's broken in. Probably the next week or two if it stops raining.
Looks a pretty mild build. Should tune easy.
2000 Road King, 96", K&N AC, Andrews 26G cams, Pre-EPA SE Slip Ons, 3:37 Primary gearing, EFI to carb, 105,000 and still rolling
2000FiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement