T-man TR590 vs. TR625? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
MRO
Premium Member

MRO wants to know Dino or Syn?
T-man TR590 vs. TR625?

I want to run one of these cams in my upcoming build, but still canít decide on which one.

Here are 2 build ideas Iím contemplating...

Build #1

Bore stock cylinders to 107ci and use JE flat tops

Stock heads ported with 1.9 intakes, stock exhaust & milled to get 80cc chambers.

.030 head gasket

TR590 cam (set at 10.8:1comp)

Stock 46mm T/B bored to 49mm and manifold ported by HPInc.

Stock HD head pipes with cycle shack slip-ons or D&D Fatcat 2 into 1

Build #2

Bore stock cylinders to 107ci and use JE flat tops (set piston/deck height to zero)

Stock heads ported with 1.9 intake stock exhaust & milled to get 83cc chambers.

.030Ē head gasket

TR625 cam (set at 10.5:1comp)

Stock 46mm T/B bored to 49mm and manifold ported by HPInc.

Stock HD head pipes with cycle shack slip-ons or D&D Fatcat 2 into 1

Now I have seen dyno sheets on both of these cams, but really canít see any big difference in HP and torque. They both seem to produce similar numbers, thou I would think the tr590 would have a flatter torque band and slightly higher hp with its little more duration and slight bump in compression.

Question is, does anyone have experience with using these cams and if so, how would you compare what the "real world" difference in power band? Any likes or dislikes? My bike is a 08 dyna with stage 1 and a gear change (49 tooth clutch basket), and Iíd like to have something that produces more HP and torque in the higher rpm band, and pulls harder at roll-on speeds.

-Matt
MRO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

nw_guy4_fun wants to know Dino or Syn?
Assuming the same "corrected" CR the 625 is the torque under the curve winner, the 590 is a little more high rpm power winner. The 590 especially needs a good pipe as it has considerable overlap and the exhaust port needs to be functioning very well especially the up to .300 numbers.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

laserp wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm in a similar situation. I'm leaning to the 625's for my softale 107 I'm putting together, because with my combo and riding style.... love low and mid torque more than 5000 plus RPM nuts. The 625 was designed around a softale/B motor medium weight bike that stays under 6K rpm. I think the 525 would be real sweet, but a little finiky to tune it in at the higher static comp.
As of right now, I'm going with the 107 Axtell kit ( cyl bore, 20 deg. domed pistons, HTCC head recondition), Horsepower inc 55 mm thottle body, TMan TR625G cam with the hyd conversion kit, Baisley Roller Rocker conversion
Tune by Bean this spring
02 FLSTCI 117, Darkhorsed, Baisley Pro-Street Heads & corrected geo. roller rockers, Axtell kit 20 deg. rev. dome pistons 11.5:1, HPI 55/58mm MaxFlow tb, Tman TR-662-2 & 3 stage pump, Boarzilla, Barnett Scorpion clutch, Jag 10 row oil cooler, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID

10 Ultra Limited 103, Andrews 54 cam, SEAC mod breather, Bigboyz ported heads @10.2 comp, Jackpot 2-1-2 header and Dyno tuned muffs, TTS, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID
laserp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
MRO
Premium Member

MRO wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw_guy4_fun View Post
Assuming the same "corrected" CR the 625 is the torque under the curve winner, the 590 is a little more high rpm power winner. The 590 especially needs a good pipe as it has considerable overlap and the exhaust port needs to be functioning very well especially the up to .300 numbers.
Thanks Don! Good to know! So would the tr590 require more then a "street port" to take full advantage of that cam? Also, do you think the 49mm TB would be to small? I donít what to run a TB and set of heads that will not work real well with that camÖ If it requires heads with raised and welded exhaust port and 55mmTB, then I would just run the tr625 cam.

-Matt
MRO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.