SE204 compression : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

terryjck wants to know Dino or Syn?
SE204 compression

Im getting ready to send my heads out for a little work,My build is 95bb SE204, 2005 FLH.new style SE billet cam plate,SERT,V&H true duels,The question is what is the best compression for this cam?seams like there is a lot of diffrent opions.Just want to get it write.the first time
terryjck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryjck View Post
Im getting ready to send my heads out for a little work,My build is 95bb SE204, 2005 FLH.new style SE billet cam plate,SERT,V&H true duels,The question is what is the best compression for this cam?seams like there is a lot of diffrent opions.Just want to get it write.the first time
I am running mine at 10.2:1 static and 9.65:1 corrected.
this is a tad to much unless you can get the tune dead on and are able to adj. a little on your own for fuel and weather conditions.
I would recommend 9.3- 9.4:1 ish corrected compression.
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

OldMsocko wants to know where he is and how he got here
I had mine set at 9.7:1 and it ran fine. I was able to get a good tune and where I generally ride I was able to always buy 93 octane. If it is not tuned right you will have a ping monster.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Mtclassic wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerjlk View Post
I am running mine at 10.2:1 static and 9.65:1 corrected.
this is a tad to much unless you can get the tune dead on and are able to adj. a little on your own for fuel and weather conditions.
I would recommend 9.3- 9.4:1 ish corrected compression.

I am curious with that CR and I am guessing the build in your signature why are you running the 204? Seems like with those ingridents already in place there are a bunch of cams that would give more all the way around.
Mtclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtclassic View Post
I am curious with that CR and I am guessing the build in your signature why are you running the 204? Seems like with those ingridents already in place there are a bunch of cams that would give more all the way around.
well....you are correct!
still deciding what I want to switch to.
this set up is working very well actually.It has instant tq. the kind that will pull the front end with just a whack of the throttle rolling @ 2500 rpm.
2nd and 3rd gears lift the front end and slip the rear @ 5500 rpm shifts also. it's a lot of fun in it's current configuration so I am not in a big hurry to swap cams. put the time is approaching. LOL
currently at 91 hp 113 tq.
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Mtclassic wants to know Dino or Syn?
instant torq is good. what is your ccp? compression releases?
Mtclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

hightop wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerjlk View Post
well....you are correct!
still deciding what I want to switch to.
this set up is working very well actually.It has instant tq. the kind that will pull the front end with just a whack of the throttle rolling @ 2500 rpm.
2nd and 3rd gears lift the front end and slip the rear @ 5500 rpm shifts also. it's a lot of fun in it's current configuration so I am not in a big hurry to swap cams. put the time is approaching. LOL
currently at 91 hp 113 tq.

I just looked at your sig. Where is your aux. fuel tank? What kind of mileage are you getting with your current set-up? I would think that would be an important consideration for you.
I once made 850 miles in 11 hours (Daytona to Md.), but no way I felt like getting back in the saddle the next day. Gotta give you credit!
hightop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtclassic View Post
instant torq is good. what is your ccp? compression releases?
CCP 200 ish
c/r yes

Quote:
just looked at your sig. Where is your aux. fuel tank? What kind of mileage are you getting with your current set-up? I would think that would be an important consideration for you.
I once made 850 miles in 11 hours (Daytona to Md.), but no way I felt like getting back in the saddle the next day. Gotta give you credit!
fuel mileage is around 36-38mpg interstate 80-85 mph two up and loaded
38-42 back roads two up and loaded. about the same solo as I ride even harder by myself LOL
aux fuel cell goes on in the passenger seat and is bolted to the struts. the fuel line stays on the bike at all times. it has a quick coupler that just plugs in like a air chuck only smaller. I wire tie it under the tour pak when not in use. the overflow (vent line) stays on the bike also, coiled up under the side cover

SE 218
DR 218

Old 10-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

andij wants to know Dino or Syn?
the 204s are bolt in stock cr is fine if you are goin for more comp use the211s
andij is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.