SE 113 Bigger Bore Cylinders : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

scsmall wants to know Dino or Syn?
SE 113 Bigger Bore Cylinders

I've been asking a lot of questions about my build because its only a few weeks away from going under the knife. I have the SE 103 kit shown. I am adding a Woods TW6HG, thundermax, having the heads worked on.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...I-Models-4.htm

What would I need to do to have the SE 113 Bigger bore cylinders, pistons work with this kit? DO I need to bore the case? Or am I able to take what I have and just buy new pistons/those cylinders and change nothing else and get the extra 10 inches?

Also I know the crank isnt the best thing out there but if i do stay with the 103" inch, say get 105 hp/120 tq with what I am doing to the motor, does it still risk being ruined by not having it worked? Can someone PM a price idea for what darkhorse charges to do what everyone seams to be recommending? I live in canada and am hesitant to do these cross boarder type transfers.
scsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

DADAWG wants to know Dino or Syn?
case boring is necessary for the 113 motor . some builders are boring stock cylinders to 107 and axtell has 107 jugs that can be done without case boring , thats about as big as you can hope for. rons performance in hanceville alabama is doing cranks now and i hear good things about him , just a weld and true shouldnt cost a arm and a leg .
DADAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

scsmall wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ya I was hoping to avoid the case bore. My builder says he will do it, but he wont warrenty it because he doesnt feel there is much room to do it. So if 107 is the biggest I can get without a case bore, then I guess I just need the cylinders bored and a 107 piston purchased? I wonder what type of pistons I need for a 107 fit using the cylinders I have.
scsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

DADAWG wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsmall View Post
Ya I was hoping to avoid the case bore. My builder says he will do it, but he wont warrenty it because he doesnt feel there is much room to do it. So if 107 is the biggest I can get without a case bore, then I guess I just need the cylinders bored and a 107 piston purchased? I wonder what type of pistons I need for a 107 fit using the cylinders I have.
contact hillside , he routinely does 107 builds and knows exactly what you will need.
DADAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Stock cases have been used for builds of 124" & 131", with the 131 being the max. A 113" is no problem for stock cases, however you will lose the cylinder base o-ring and have to go to regular base gaskets. I've had a 113" for 3 years and no problems so far. Whatever build you choose do yourself a favor and get a Timken conversion done.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Location: Land Of The Free and Home Of The Brave, United States Of America
1711tab wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
Stock cases have been used for builds of 124" & 131", with the 131 being the max. A 113" is no problem for stock cases, however you will lose the cylinder base o-ring and have to go to regular base gaskets. I've had a 113" for 3 years and no problems so far. Whatever build you choose do yourself a favor and get a Timken conversion done.

contact HYPERFORMANCE about your piston needs 515-266-6381 (Randy)...

HYPERFORMANCE is about 5 miles from Axtells shop...
1711tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Moneygreen

arealinvestor wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
You need a new builder!!!!If he can't warranty that case boring then he's not confident in his ability to build a motor.Package the motor and have a site vendor ,Hillside, or Hyperformance do the work for you!!!It will be done right & you will be pleased

2010 Ultra Classic Hot Rod Built & Tuned by JD's
BB & Baisley Hybrid Heads with man/Comp releases
Axtell Pistons & Cylinders set with high comp,Big CCP
Darkhorse Stroker Crank,balanced,plugged & welded
Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
High Flow HPI Inj & BB TBW Throttle body
D&D Boarzilla (perforated baffle)
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
K&P engineering oil filter
To much more to list!!!!!!
arealinvestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

route66paul wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you are going to do the case bore, do it right and install the timken bearings for the crank. You are usually better off to have a good indy shop do the deed, rather than the dealer. Some of the aftermarket barrels have a different base and are better for a big bore build.

The 107 is a little better than the 103, but you can get a lot out of that 103 without changing pistons or barrels. check with some of our sponsers, they can get 30/30 more, easily by doing headwork(which you need anyway), cams, the right exhaust and air cleaner, and or course, the proper tune. That 103 will be a whole different engine and a lot of fun.

Bi-polar and loving it!!
Bi-polar and hating it!!
95" w/ KB pistons (flattops)
HQ575 cams
Atwood's Road Warrior Heads
HPI bored throttle body
.030 head gasket
SuperTrapp Supermeg 2in1
"43" points cover
TRW rear mount
obligatory Baisley Spring

Take you a glass of water. Make it against the law. See how good the water tastes. When you can't have any at all.

Just sayin..........
route66paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement