bagger wheelie with a 103" - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #61 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grof View Post
now can you explain what it takes to do this?
1) You need enough power to make the bike climb up the belt.
2) Most people are trying it at too high an RPM. The sweet spot to power the front end up is at a lower rpm than you would think.
3) If you are near peak torque it will most likely spin the tire because your forward speed is taking away leverage.

The sweet spot for me is 2000 RPM. Steady 2000 rpm and open the throttle it'll come right up (and over if you're not careful). If you want to do this with a bike making less power try the on-off-on with the throttle and use the suspension action/weight transfer to give the front end a head start toward the sky... Correct rpm, timing the power hit... you have to practice and get a feel for it... no one can tell you how to do it, you can't learn in from a book or an internet forum.

My grandson (10) and I have dirt bikes. He started riding my 125 recently and he asked me why he couldn't wheelie like I do... "You're going too fast in that gear, relax and slow down". He asked why he can't slide it around corners like I do... "You have to pin that throttle open ^HERE^ in the turn and hold it open".

I told him he has the skills, what he's missing is the ability to 'feel' and 'hear' what the bike is saying... and the balls to turn off that silly survival instinct. Now he can powerslide it all the way around the turns and ride a wheelie in 1st and 2nd. He'll hold that throttle in it until it's on the ground (he low-sided it like 30 times). It's a beautiful thing to see him grow a pair of stainless steel balls and become a rider.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #62 (permalink)
Gearhead

2wheelrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have a frend that rides his dyna like a bat out of hell doing wheeles everywere. He came down on his front wheel doin about 60 and almost went off the road. Pulled off to the side of the road and checked his front end.....everything but the axel nut was loose from doin wheeles. Now he checks his front end every weekend. just sayin
2wheelrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #63 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Getting caught doing a wheelie here in MD is 6 points against your license (12 is all you get). Better do that stuff on private property or out in the sticks.

Had a State Trooper stop... thinking he was going to write me up for doing wheelies up and down our 1/4 mile driveway. I told him it was private property, he maintained it was a state road. He asked who plowed the snow off the road and I said "I do". He started lecturing me about safety and I cut him off... "It's my property, I can do whatever I want here as long as I'm not breaking any laws". He left.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
IronButt

FLTRSE3CLONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
In the event you consider wheeling your bike in Daytona it will cost you 1000.00 + points... Don't ask how I know all this vital info!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
11 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp,RC open a/c RB Racing 2-1 spyder , Aim-vpc92, SE 58mm TB, HPI 5.3 inj,tuned by strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae
115.42/121.85 std
FLTRSE3CLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #65 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRSE3CLONE View Post
In the event you consider wheeling your bike in Daytona it will cost you 1000.00 + points... Don't ask how I know all this vital info!

SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #66 (permalink)
IronButt

Slick03 H-D wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRSE3CLONE View Post

Now thats funny sh*t,,I don't care who ya are..
H-D Ventilator air cleaner Dyno by Doc/98hp & 107tq
CVO adjustable rear shocks
Leather C&C seat
Freedom 8" dark smoked windshield
Painted inner fairing
Streamliner boards/pegs
Nostalgic bag rails
10" Yaffe mini apes
Plus a lot more to come much to my wife's dismay

Slick03 H-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #67 (permalink)
FNG :)

Buddha7974 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have a 2007 roadking custom. I have been told the gearing is very bad. what should I change to make it better?
Buddha7974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement