bagger wheelie with a 103" - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk wants to know Dino or Syn?
everyone grew up since that thread.
hot rod 95's 98's and 103 "s
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #47 (permalink)
IronButt

VDOP wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey, my bogus little not so hotrod 95" is still doing wheelies. 3 gears and about 85mph worth. Not in a bagger though. She will be growing up this winter and hopefully next season I will go-pro some 100+ mph harley wheelies.
I do have a buddy with a stock 100k mile hammered EVO bagger that has half the fish tails ground off from wheelies. You don't need 140ft lbs to wheelie, its all about the loose nut holding the bars to the seat.
'99 Hayabusa 1543
VDOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
155" R&R TwinCam

dog155 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Never was a fan of a wheelie but sure love to roast the hides.The onetime I had the bug to pull wheelies realized would never have the power to let her down gently and on a bagger with crash bar it's a no no.A friend who could and did pull wheelies had a front fender dent that was his bragging right.
Certainly understand those that do I get the same rush in a cloud of smoke.
Whizzer motorbike
dog155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #49 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

jimmeT wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lol. Wow I didn't realize that thread was so old. I was doing a search on here looking for a front wheel and stumbled across the thread.
jimmeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #50 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

aubeagle wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmeT View Post
Lol. Wow I didn't realize that thread was so old. I was doing a search on here looking for a front wheel and stumbled across the thread.
Well you found a tire its just not on the ground I hear they last longer that way, cant say that for the back one. I bet it can get a little nervy when you have to let it down on a big azz bagger. I guess i need some more seat time since mine likes to turn the rubber into smoke or lighten my wallet. Its still way cool..

S.
Ported MVA's
Crane 296-2
Woods lifters
SE Roller Rockers
HPI 55 tb
Marren 5.3
Injectors
VH Propipe
T/max
aubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #51 (permalink)
IronButt

VDOP wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've found the best way to make sure it comes down easy is no matter what, pin the throttle when its on the way down. Even if its already on the rev limiter at 6500 I pin it wide open on the way down and its pretty smooth. Try to never chop the throttle in a wheelie, make sure you Have plenty of room to ride it out. Only time I have it come down hard is if I miss second gear. It seems to go into third easier than second so lately I've been pulling it up in second and grabbing third. But there's nothing like pulling it up in first and running through the gears. Nobody expects to see that from a Harley.
'99 Hayabusa 1543
VDOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

HogBag wants to know Dino or Syn?
My103 bagger will pull the wheel with throttle only in 1st and 2nd gear. I have never tried to stand the bike on the back wheel for any distance. I'm sure I could but it would not be a pretty sight crash landing her back on two wheels. Slow Joe stands on his rear pegs with all his weight forward with his power slides and leans well back on the rear pegs when wheel standing on his road toad so maybe that's the way to go when landing a full house fairing with stereo, amp, speakers etc. I have nothing but respect for Joe as he must have lost some skin and paint over the years learning to ride like he does.
HogBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
FNG :)

Procrastinator wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ha ha, power wheelies are the Sh*t!

I dont have a bagger but pulled a great power wheelie one time, group ride, smoked the tire from the lites, backed off and cracked the throttle open again, and the sticky tire just hooked up. 100' wheelie with the tire 1' off the ground..

impressed the group, I barely even felt it was up......
Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
IronButt

grof wants to know Dino or Syn?
wheelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCHOP View Post
My baggers pulls the wheel right up in first and pops back up shifting into 2nd..NO CLUTCH.
now can you explain what it takes to do this , I saw so many guys from east bay dragons mc they do it all the times. now is this just enjine power or something else involved I have asked this question on couple forums and no one could explain clearly. I won't do this because I don't know and my EG is expensive to do wheelie and crush ... no way.
grof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #55 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOP View Post
Hey, my bogus little not so hotrod 95" is still doing wheelies. 3 gears and about 85mph worth. Not in a bagger though. She will be growing up this winter and hopefully next season I will go-pro some 100+ mph harley wheelies.
I do have a buddy with a stock 100k mile hammered EVO bagger that has half the fish tails ground off from wheelies. You don't need 140ft lbs to wheelie, its all about the loose nut holding the bars to the seat.

Just having fun. Seems everyone in the tread has bigger motors now
Actually my 106 was the best wheelie motor.
The 120 r hooks and unhooks to easy . You have to be more precise now with your execution .
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #56 (permalink)
IronButt

Slick03 H-D wants to know Dino or Syn?
With a passenger, my 03 would pull the front wheel with just throttle and go about 3 to 4 feet up thru low and second, riding alone with just throttle it wasn't happening, bringing it up to app 3 grand a hitting the throttle would just break the back tire loose in low and it would come up when I nailed second..not enough tire/traction .. 130 ft lbs tq & 117 hp..in that one.
H-D Ventilator air cleaner Dyno by Doc/98hp & 107tq
CVO adjustable rear shocks
Leather C&C seat
Freedom 8" dark smoked windshield
Painted inner fairing
Streamliner boards/pegs
Nostalgic bag rails
10" Yaffe mini apes
Plus a lot more to come much to my wife's dismay

Slick03 H-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Dyna Ryda is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I wheelied a brand new street glide a few weeks ago, completely stock 103, no problem. My dyna is easy to wheelie, I do it every time I ride it. Soon as I get a handle bar mount for my go-pro I'll make a video. Ride slow in 1st gear, about 2500 rpm, then crack the throttle wfo and up it comes.
Dyna Ryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #58 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna Ryda View Post
I wheelied a brand new street glide a few weeks ago, completely stock 103, no problem. My dyna is easy to wheelie, I do it every time I ride it. Soon as I get a handle bar mount for my go-pro I'll make a video. Ride slow in 1st gear, about 2500 rpm, then crack the throttle wfo and up it comes.
Everybody needs one of those dynas
Way to much fun.
SE 218
DR 218

Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

BigWheelBob wants to know Dino or Syn?
My bike will wheelie with just the throttle every time if im running about 20mph or so. However, i will ad that using the clutch to do it is alot more predictible. The secret for the older baggers like mine is to change from your 130 402 tire to a 150 401. I went from smoking the tire, to wheeling.

BigWheelBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #60 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ReconLdr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixuntilbroke View Post
how many of you can do wheelies with no clutch action a roll on wheelie i always hear of these cheating clutch drop wheelies
I can.... but my bike is the opposite of a bagger....
Advertisement