08 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Need Major Power Mod Suggestions : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

raymond1ford wants to know Dino or Syn?
08 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Need Major Power Mod Suggestions

I have An 08 Ultra Classic that has just hit the 1000 mile mark......

I am looking to put on Dual Exhaust.... (Something very throaty and loud, I want people to hear me if they can't see me) So if anyone could give me any ideas I would greatly appreciate any input.

Also looking to upgrade to the Ness Big Sucker, and the Power Commander 3...

I think that will help a little but I am looking for some major balls Low end and top end... I want to have this baby screaming, but I don't want to do it at the cost of losing my engine....

So if anyone has any input on what combination of add-ons would wake her up and also what combination of cams, lifters, pushrods, valve springs, ignition, head work, boring if needed, roller rockers etc....

I also would like to do some Mods to the chassis... Meaning that when I am at like 80-100mph I get a wobble and that makes me uneasy, so any help with that would also be great.

Some may ask why I would want to do this to a bagger. In response to that I would say that I like riding a machine that has some ass when needed.... and this bike just does not have any.... it tops out at like 100-110.... And going any faster then that seems to be stressing the engine... sort of like it is governed (it doesn't shut off at those speeds but it just seems as though it doesn't have any more HP?? Not sure...
From one Harley Owner to another!!!!

Thanks In Advance...

Raymond
raymond1ford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Location: Land Of The Free and Home Of The Brave, United States Of America
1711tab wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond1ford View Post

I am looking to put on Dual Exhaust.... (Something very throaty and loud, I want people to hear me if they can't see me) So if anyone could give me any ideas I would greatly appreciate any input.

I think that will help a little but I am looking for some major balls Low end and top end... I want to have this baby screaming, but I don't want to do it at the cost of losing my engine....

So if anyone has any input on what combination of add-ons would wake her up and also what combination of cams, lifters, pushrods, valve springs, ignition, head work, boring if needed, roller rockers etc....

I also would like to do some Mods to the chassis... Meaning that when I am at like 80-100mph I get a wobble and that makes me uneasy, so any help with that would also be great.

Some may ask why I would want to do this to a bagger. In response to that I would say that I like riding a machine that has some ass when needed.... and this bike just does not have any.... it tops out at like 100-110.... And going any faster then that seems to be stressing the engine... sort of like it is governed (it doesn't shut off at those speeds but it just seems as though it doesn't have any more HP?? Not sure...

Thanks In Advance...

Raymond

WELCOME
Is the wobble going straight at those speeds or does it occur in turns?

The NEW TTS Master Tuner is the way to go for tuning...

Your running it out of power (no maas) and the gearing and power are done at those speeds...
1711tab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Thanks In Advance...

Raymond

A 2 into 1 exhaust will give you better low end torque, more guts...

If your wobble is in the turns a rear stablizer (True-Trac, Alloy Arts, etc) will correct that... Make sure your bike is aligned first before spending any money on after market parts..

Most bikes aren't in proper alignment when shipped to the stealer / dealers... Fact not fiction...
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

1711tab

I experience the wobble in straight aways and also in turns... Also do you recommend the 2 into 1 over tru duals??

Thanks

Raymond
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moneygreen

arealinvestor wants to know where he is and how he got here

Quote:
1711tab

I experience the wobble in straight aways and also in turns... Also do you recommend the 2 into 1 over tru duals??

Thanks

Raymond
Yes a 2 into 1 will yield better performance results.With the duals you will loose bottom end power/TQ.You want more motor?You know what to do, get some more cubic inches!!!!!! Think big!!!!

2010 Ultra Classic Hot Rod Built & Tuned by JD's
BB & Baisley Hybrid Heads with man/Comp releases
Axtell Pistons & Cylinders set with high comp,Big CCP
Darkhorse Stroker Crank,balanced,plugged & welded
Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
High Flow HPI Inj & BB TBW Throttle body
D&D Boarzilla (perforated baffle)
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
K&P engineering oil filter
To much more to list!!!!!!
arealinvestor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
1711tab

Thanks

Raymond
Check alignment and neck bearing adjustment first...

2n1 is the way to go for TQ & HP...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
"Jane you ignorant slut!"

ceraaa42 wants to know Dino or Syn?
How much do you want, how much do you want to spend?

Here is the link to my dyno and ride report. A great build and bang for the buck.
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/dr...et-baffle.html

To step above this equates to many thousands more. Will it go like hell, sure, but it'll cost ya.

Chris
SE255 cams
SE Air cleaner
SERT
Fatcat Quiet baffle
Bagger brace
Dyno report; http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/dr...et-baffle.html

"Ya fargin' sneeky bastage!" Roman Troy Moronie

43 member
ceraaa42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Thanks everyone for the insight.

Just a few clairifications though... how do I verify that the Motor and Trans are centered within the Chassis / Frame and as far as the 2 into 1 pipe.. can anyone give me the name brand of a nice pipe that has a very loud badass sound to it.

Also as far as what type of increases do I want... well I am a speed/power junkie and I am looking for my bike to run like hell at bottom and top end.... and My driving habits aren't Maniac but I have driven over 100-120mph before... it not unheard of the only problem with that was the wobble and it took for ever to get it there... so all ideas and comments are welcome...

Thanks to all

Ray
Old 09-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Hillside wants to know Dino or Syn?
Power

A 107" drop-on kit, with a D&D Fatcat, standard baffle, a set of our Stage II or III cylinder heads, combined with a set of Bob Wood TW-8-6 cams, may be just the answer.
This combo will strike great torque right off the bottom, and run out the other side as well.
Hillside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the insight.

Just a few clairifications though... how do I verify that the Motor and Trans are centered within the Chassis / Frame and as far as the 2 into 1 pipe.. can anyone give me the name brand of a nice pipe that has a very loud badass sound to it.

Also as far as what type of increases do I want... well I am a speed/power junkie and I am looking for my bike to run like hell at bottom and top end.... and My driving habits aren't Maniac but I have driven over 100-120mph before... it not unheard of the only problem with that was the wobble and it took for ever to get it there... so all ideas and comments are welcome...

Thanks to all

Ray

Ray get a service manual for your bike and it gives step by step instructions on alignment... Also tells you how to set the triple tree / neck bearings to proper specs...

D&D Fatcat with performance baffle on the 2 N 1...

117" give Randy from Hyperformance a call 515-266-6381...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Mark F Barnes wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com View Post
A 107" drop-on kit, with a D&D Fatcat, standard baffle, a set of our Stage II or III cylinder heads, combined with a set of Bob Wood TW-8-6 cams, may be just the answer.
This combo will strike great torque right off the bottom, and run out the other side as well.
If that doesn't blow your hair back for you, the next step is one of those 160 inch V-Rods Byron Hines builds. That will $tarch your $hort$ for $ure.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off."

Brazos de Dios HOG Chapter
Mark F Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moneygreen

Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1711tab View Post
Ray get a service manual for your bike and it gives step by step instructions on alignment... Also tells you how to set the triple tree / neck bearings to proper specs...

D&D Fatcat with performance baffle on the 2 N 1...

117" give Randy from Hyperformance a call 515-266-6381...

For the 117ci would the Fat cat performance baffle be the best choice or the Borzilla.I've seen some good numbers put up with the Borzilla as well.The dyno section on Woods site & the dyno room on Axtell site.Both have the same 117 with 149 hp & 144tq running a Borzilla & Woods 9BG cam!!!!!!!!Seems like if you go with Borzilla you get more hp if you use the Fatcat you get more tq?????????

Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler

Last edited by arealinvestor; 09-17-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arealinvestor View Post
For the 117ci would the Fat cat performance baffle be the best choice or the Borzilla.I've seen some good numbers put up with the Borzilla as well.The dyno section on Woods site & the dyno room on Axtell site.Both have the same 117 with 149 hp & 144tq running a Borzilla & Woods 9BG cam!!!!!!!!Seems like if you go with Borzilla you get more hp if you use the Fatcat you get more tq?????????
He's riding a bagger so he'll want the torque...
Old 09-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEDELUXE View Post
i see that you are right in maryland.
contact Dave at JD's Cycleworks 610-297-0321. He is in PA not to far from you. trust me its worth the trip.....
Tim is correct you will need a tuning Device The TTS comes highly recomended and a Pipe with air cleaner.
JD's has the TTS and is also a certifed tuner for the Brand new TTS.
i wa sthere the other day and they were dyno tuning a 07 bike with duals and ac.
they were tuning with the pc3 and it made some good # i dont remember what they were but they were excellant for what was done.
That sounds just what the doctor ordered!!!!... Also I am picking up a manual today as far as the alighnment on the chassis.. Now the only other question is the projected cost of this 117ci Build??? Guess its best to give "Doc" a callhuh?

Thanks again Friends

Ray
Old 09-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moneygreen

What is the projected cost for a 117ci motor??????

Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.