Feuling Lifters : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Infidel

Gulfstream wants to know Dino or Syn?
Feuling Lifters

Are the Feuling lifters for a TC any good? They state on their website that they're designed to be run with their oil pump but is it okay to run them with the stock oil pump? Would I be better off with the HD "B" lifters?

"People sleep comfortably at night in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf".

Gulfstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Location: Land Of The Free and Home Of The Brave, United States Of America
1711tab wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
Are the Feuling lifters for a TC any good? They state on their website that they're designed to be run with their oil pump but is it okay to run them with the stock oil pump? Would I be better off with the HD "B" lifters?

IMO use the HD-B lifters... I know Randy (KOC) and Scott Palmer agree...
1711tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium octane member

TXCHOP wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1711tab View Post
IMO use the HD-B lifters... I know Randy (KOC) and Scott Palmer agree...

Run the same in all builds as well.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Infidel

Gulfstream wants to know Dino or Syn?
I probably didn't state my question very well. Let's say I got a set of the Feuling lifters way cheaper than I could buy a set of the "B" lifters...would they be okay to use with a stock oil pump and are they as good or as reliable as the "B's"? I've got a buddy who has a new set in the box and he'll let me have them for $35.00.

"People sleep comfortably at night in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf".

Gulfstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

06roadglide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
I probably didn't state my question very well. Let's say I got a set of the Feuling lifters way cheaper than I could buy a set of the "B" lifters...would they be okay to use with a stock oil pump and are they as good or as reliable as the "B's"? I've got a buddy who has a new set in the box and he'll let me have them for $35.00.

I have a set that I haven't used and a set of B lifters and I wanted to see the difference between the two. I took both apart and measured everything side-by-side and there was not one difference between them. The only thing I didn't measure or look at was the bypass ball and spring.
06roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

rredneckn2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Feuling lifters

They are not worth 35 dollars in my opinion.They make more noise than any lifter I have ever used.I also run a feuling super which is doing good.Use the harley lifters more consistant results.
rredneckn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
semi-retired

FatBobRob wants to know Dino or Syn?
I' got about 20k on them in a mild 95" w/ a stock oil pump.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Coolmaker wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rredneckn2 View Post
They are not worth 35 dollars in my opinion.They make more noise than any lifter I have ever used.I also run a feuling super which is doing good.Use the harley lifters more consistant results.
I have a set on the shelf with about 300 miles on them that did the same thing... Noisy when HOT, coll they were okay... Not Hot... I went to the Harley "B" lifters and they are quiet....
Old 07-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

SLPER wants to know Dino or Syn?
AMS Lifters

Has anyone tried the AMS Hylift Lifters

Cheers
SLPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

hdmarsh77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have a set of AMS lifters that will go in this weekend. I can post when I ride them.

In all honesty, though, the stock 'B' lifter seem to be the prefered choice here, and less $ I think. I just want to see what the AMS lifters are all about.

"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane." WJ

hdmarsh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

SLPER wants to know Dino or Syn?
AMS Lifters

[QUOTE=hdmarsh77;1385617]I have a set of AMS lifters that will go in this weekend. I can post when I ride them.

In all honesty, though, the stock 'B' lifter seem to be the prefered choice here, and less $ I think. I just want to see what the AMS lifters are all about.[/QUOTE

Would be great to hear or not hear how they perform...I talked with Steve there today about why he believes them to be superior..
Let me know.

Cheers

Last edited by SLPER; 07-10-2008 at 10:11 PM.
SLPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Mtclassic wants to know Dino or Syn?
I had about 40,000 miles on the feulings lifters on a mild build with stock oil pump and no problems. I changed them out to b lifters and they sound the same to me. I also took them apart and no difference. The oil hole is slightly bigger. two buddies using the AMS lifters and out of the 8 lifters two have failed. They would not pump up. AMS replaced them but it did cause down time on the builds. I think in most applications 2 failures out of 8 would not be considered acceptable.
Mtclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Location: Land Of The Free and Home Of The Brave, United States Of America
1711tab wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtclassic View Post
I had about 40,000 miles on the feulings lifters on a mild build with stock oil pump and no problems. I changed them out to b lifters and they sound the same to me. I also took them apart and no difference. The oil hole is slightly bigger. two buddies using the AMS lifters and out of the 8 lifters two have failed. They would not pump up. AMS replaced them but it did cause down time on the builds. I think in most applications 2 failures out of 8 would not be considered acceptable.

HYPERFORMANCE and R&R CYCLES both use either HD-B or S&S lifters for there builds. They will install what ever you want, there choice are the two listed above...
1711tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Armin wants to know Dino or Syn?
I find that the Feuling lifters are quite noisy when the oil temperature gets to warm and hot values. Any experience with the Jims lifters?

2001 FLSTCI
Heads ported and 95 CI BB by BigBoyz
48mm throttle body reworked by HorsePowerInc
Wood's TW6G cams

Last edited by Armin; 07-15-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

rredneckn2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Jims lifters

I have used jims in several Evo builds no problems.Used in a couple T/C builds no problems quiet operation.I have a buddy do a T/C build with a .630 lift woods cam and had a roller failure wiped out cams and pump so I have steered clear of them since
rredneckn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement