Stage 1 vs Stage 2 ecu program : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

PhxCliff wants to know Dino or Syn?
Stage 1 vs Stage 2 ecu program

So I walk into Chandler HD today and ask the guy at the service desk, "What is the difference is between a stage 1 and a stage 2 ecu update?" His answer: "No difference, stage 2 just raises the RPM limiter." I gave him a blank stare and he sensed my skepticism, because he swore that there was no difference in the ignition map or the fuel map, just the rev limiter.

So I walked out and figured I'd ask someone that probably knows better - you.
PhxCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Totenkopf wants to know Dino or Syn?
I checked Softail '01-'04 1550 air cleaner and muffler, to a Softail '01-'04 1550 Stage 2 and can tell you VE tables and Spark Advance tables are clearly different.

Totenkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

aka_Matt wants to know Dino or Syn?
stage 1 is an AC and pipes, stage 2 adds a cam... the screamin' eagle catalog shows all the different setups... go here: http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Racing/screamin_eagle_parts.jsp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_ US&HDCWPSession=Cwp6GJvDQrGq1jnHTch9pDYmWdh7zvxPjV jHTZFK2QlX42fp2P36!-1823383446!-835169311
and click on "intro", then goto page 22 for the list...
aka_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
ovanay elinquentday

GPO03FatBoy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
I checked Softail '01-'04 1550 air cleaner and muffler, to a Softail '01-'04 1550 Stage 2 and can tell you VE tables and Spark Advance tables are clearly different.
Like Tote said. Both raise the limiter. The Stage 2 (eg. cal 3) is just scaled slightly for a 95 with cams, over the traditional 1450 Stage 1 (cal 1). VEs are raised slightly, timing is adjusted slightly, and cubes are bumped to 95.

09 XR1200
A few gewgaws - no chrome
Tune by Phaedrus

Quote:
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
John Bernard Books
43+ HP / 43+ Ft-lbs
GPO03FatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Mcfly wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxCliff
So I walk into Chandler HD today and ask the guy at the service desk, "What is the difference is between a stage 1 and a stage 2 ecu update?" His answer: "No difference, stage 2 just raises the RPM limiter." I gave him a blank stare and he sensed my skepticism, because he swore that there was no difference in the ignition map or the fuel map, just the rev limiter.

So I walked out and figured I'd ask someone that probably knows better - you.

Maybe if we start reaching over the counter and kicking the shitout of these asshats that spew this ficticious BS they will stop.

Why is it so gawddamn hard for someone to say "I don't know"?
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

20538 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly
Maybe if we start reaching over the counter and kicking the shitout of these asshats that spew this ficticious BS they will stop.

Why is it so gawddamn hard for someone to say "I don't know"?
they're used to saying stupid things and most people believing them. It makes them feel important.
20538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

RK05 wants to know Dino or Syn?
When I had my 95" done the guy behind the counter kept trying to get me to do the ecm flash but I told him I had the PC and didn't want the rev limit raised. He told me the Flash does not raise the rev limit. I had to show him in his own book.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

BACAMICK wants to know Dino or Syn?
got my stage 1 b4 it left dealer , they set my rpm at 4100rpm after 1st service 1000m they put it upto 6000rpm ,no more hitting the limiter its either normal or it from them seeing me leeveing the shop on my preveios bike
BACAMICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

hdmarsh77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK05
When I had my 95" done the guy behind the counter kept trying to get me to do the ecm flash but I told him I had the PC and didn't want the rev limit raised. He told me the Flash does not raise the rev limit. I had to show him in his own book.

My PC had been acting up so after contacting DynoJet I sent it in(new one is on the way right now). My ECU has a HD stage 2 download and it actually runs alright with just that. I know it's a little lean and gets hotter than usual and runs not neary as well as with the PC, but it's ok.

In my case I'm glad to have the HD download plus if the PC ever craps out on the road I'll be alright for a while.

"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane." WJ

hdmarsh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

RK05 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
In my case I'm glad to have the HD download plus if the PC ever craps out on the road I'll be alright for a while.
That is a good idea. I guess it would atleast help you limp home or to a shop if need be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement