Hi guys. I'm hoping someone can give me some diagnostic help.
Mine is a 2003 Heritage Classic. I'm getting these errors intermittantly:
P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion EFI
P1358 Intermittent Secondary Rear EFI
They happen about 1-2 times per week while driving in 5th gear at highway speed (60 - 70 MPH) on flat road (no heavy load). I don't ride hard. I feel no engine miss, but I'm sure the computer is more sensitive to misses than me. The bike starts/runs just fine. These errors started about two weeks ago after I did these things:
- Every one of the 15k service items including new spark plugs.
- I changed the stock mufflers for Screamin Eagle torque mufflers (p/n 80388-01).
- Washed the bike with hose/water (my usual method) and dried with an electric leaf blower.
The engine light comes on but turns back off after about 30 seconds, so the errors are stored as "historic" trouble codes.
I have all of the manuals and followed the instructions for these errors in the Electrical Diagnostic manual. I see no signs of "carbon tracking". Resistance of the spark plug wires are right in middle of the spec. (rear = 2.6k ohms and front = 6.1k ohms). I don't have a "Harness connector test kit", p/n 41404.
- Can I somehow proceed through the yes/no maps w/o this "Harness connector test kit"?
- What are typical causes for these errors? Could I have a new defective spark plug?
- I DID NOT have the ECM mapped after replacing the pipes. I am still using the stock air cleaner. Could new pipes cause this?
I enjoy wrenching myself and don't have a warrenty on the bike. I hoping to fix it without a trip to the dealer. I sure would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.