throttle cable adjustment? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Twin-Cam 88" Engine Technical Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

stonep wants to know Dino or Syn?
throttle cable adjustment?

I'd appreciate some guidance on how to adjust the idle throttle cable on my 02 softail. Manual says adjust until cable housing just touches top of spring. I'm damned if I can see any spring.

Any simple tips much appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2005, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this? HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonep
I'd appreciate some guidance on how to adjust the idle throttle cable on my 02 softail. Manual says adjust until cable housing just touches top of spring. I'm damned if I can see any spring.

The spring is at the carb end sitting in the cable perch..
HDMD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pestilence

PeterV wants to know Dino or Syn?
(Drain float bowl first).

Adjust throttle cable first, by listening for the throttle stop arm contacting the carb. Keep adjusting back and forth until you just hear it contact. When you're done with that cable move on over to the idle and adjust until there's some play on your throttle.(some, is defined by throttle action you like)
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

BullyBoy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonep

I just did a cable install on my buddies 95 FXSTSB and I know the spring you are talking about. It is impossible to actually see it sititng down in the cable perch!!

If I remember correctly the manual says to adjust the idle, with the wheel turned full right, until it touches the top of the spring or until the throttle snaps back on its own. It took a few reads for me to catch that [B]or[B] part but that is what I did and there are no issues as of yet.

Good Luck
BullyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

dcfatboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyBoy
...It took a few reads for me to catch that [B]or[B] part but that is what I did and there are no issues as of yet.
That's also what I did on my 05 FLSTCI I just sold.

04 FLHTCUI in lava red sunglo
HID headlamp from Motorcycle Metal
Daniel Stern Lighting
Cycle Electric 50A Charging System
AMS 96" BB, Heads and Lifters
Cometic .040 head gasket
Andrews 26G cams
Bassani Tru-Duals
Rush Slash Down mufflers (2.0" baffles)
Arlen Ness Big Sucker with SE backplate
Power Commander V with AutoTune, LCD display
82.44 HP, 97.59 TQ (5th gear, PCIII USB)
87 octane gas
dcfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement