103 screaming eagle engine : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Twin-Cam 88" Engine Technical Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

password wants to know Dino or Syn?
103 screaming eagle engine

can any tell me about this engine, some one needed money and gave me this engine. it's new has a harley MSO with it. But know one seems to be able to tell me anything about it, all the counter people tell me is it's a factory bored and stroked 88 twin cam. has any seen any articles with spec's for this engine. the heads are embossed with screaming eagle 103 on them, so i know they are not regular S/E heads. Im looking for information like what size valves, what cams were used, compresson.who made the head before they were marked S/E things like that. any info would be helpful.

Thanks
password is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wrench

powerhaulic wants to know Dino or Syn?
Go to the mo-co site and check out custom vehicle operations (CVO) click on fatboy if the motor you have is a Bmotor or on e-glide if it is an A motor. the specs are in there. The crate 103's are just production line motors.
'75 XLH
powerhaulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

SYCLONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
103" disp. 9.0:1 compression, non-beehive valve springs (normal double springs) springs can take up to .575 lift, Non-bath tub combustion chamber which leaves for crummy "squish". cam specs. are .530 lift intake timing is 6/53 and the exhaust is 59/17 the motor is rated 100 ftlbs at 3000 rpm at the crank.
SYCLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
killer sperm

Milehog wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by password
some one needed money and gave me this engine.
You checked it out to make sure it's not stolen, right?
Milehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

springer- is still riding a stock bike springer- is still riding a stock bike
If it is a CVO engine the heads are not the same as the SE 103 heads they sell in the performance catalog. The SE 103 heads that they use on the CVO actually has smaller intake valves than the catalog version. If I remember correctly, the catalog SE 103's have 2.0 intakes and the CVO's have 1.9. I believe the exhaust valves are the same, but don't hold me to that.

They say you lose 2 things when you get older ... your memory and ...... I forget the other one.

Check out Ride of the Month

207-621-8089
springer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Kags wants to know Dino or Syn?
It uses the SE stroker flywheel, SE heads that have a "open chamber" like a hemi. The S/E 103 heads are the same ports & valves as S/E heads. The emission legal S/E 103 drops down over 100 ftlbs torque. The CR is around 9.3:1 I belive and it uses flat top stroker pistons. Dont know cam specs but they have more lift than the stock 88.
Kags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

fxdwg2005 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have heard about these engines. It is a Chinese knock off. I work for the FBI. I will need you to send the engine to me so we can inspect it for evidence. Don't worry, the government will reimburse you for your loss
fxdwg2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wrench

powerhaulic wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg2005
I have heard about these engines. It is a Chinese knock off. I work for the FBI. I will need you to send the engine to me so we can inspect it for evidence. Don't worry, the government will reimburse you for your loss
LOL you better send it in quick, before the feds come take it away
'75 XLH
powerhaulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

FLA Trio wants to know Dino or Syn?
are you interested in selling it ? ive been tossing the idea around for my flhtpi e-mail me if you are Fishman7@aol.com
FLA Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement