Diagnostic Trouble Code: P0113 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Twin-Cam 88" Engine Technical Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Another Great Day to Ride

ernster500 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Exclamation Diagnostic Trouble Code: P0113

Hey All,

I'm getting this code on my IM:

P0113 - "IAT (Intake Air Temperature Sensor) Voltage Open/High EFI"

Can anyone tell me what exactly that means?

I can't seem to find it in my service manual...

Thanks, in advance!

E
ernster500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2004, 01:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

84FXRP wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernster500
....P0113 - "IAT (Intake Air Temperature Sensor) Voltage Open/High EFI" ...... Can anyone tell me what exactly that means?

I can't seem to find it in my service manual...
The Electronic Control Module (ECM) supplies and monitors a voltage signal (terminal 7) to one side of the Intake Air Temperature sensor (IAT). The other side of the IAT sensor is connected to a common sensor ground, which is also connected to the ECM (terminal 26).

The IAT sensor works by having a specific resistance at a specific temperature. As the resistance varies, so does the voltage on terminal 7.

At high temperatures, the sensor resistance is very low, which effectively lowers the signal voltage on terminal 7.

At low temperatures, the resistance is very high, alowing the voltage to rise close to 5 volts.

The ECM monitors this voltage to compensate for various operating conditions.

DTC P0112: IAT sensor voltage low
DTC P0113: IAT sensor open/high

You might check for:
- Poor connections on ECM and harness connector, damaged terminals, etc
- Intermittent faults "wiggle test" of wiring for poor connections
- Sensor may have become out of calibration.

The manual you are missing is the "Electrical Diagnostic Manual" for your particular model. Just like the Shop Manual, you can order one from the dealer. The electrical diagnostic manual has a table of sensor temperatures and voltages to check sensor performance.

The Delphi engine management system looks a lot like a GM car in terms of diagnostic codes. I think these IAT Diagnostic Trouble Codes are the same for my Corvette.

The manual is well worth the $$ if you have one of these Delphi bikes - pretty straight forward once you have the proper documentation.
84FXRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Another Great Day to Ride

ernster500 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks for the help, 84. I'll look into getting one of those manuals. Sounds like a good investment!

E
ernster500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this? HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84FXRP
The Electronic Control Module (ECM) supplies and monitors a voltage signal (terminal 7) to one side of the Intake Air Temperature sensor (IAT). The other side of the IAT sensor is connected to a common sensor ground, which is also connected to the ECM (terminal 26).

The IAT sensor works by having a specific resistance at a specific temperature. As the resistance varies, so does the voltage on terminal 7.

At high temperatures, the sensor resistance is very low, which effectively lowers the signal voltage on terminal 7.

At low temperatures, the resistance is very high, alowing the voltage to rise close to 5 volts.

The ECM monitors this voltage to compensate for various operating conditions.

DTC P0112: IAT sensor voltage low
DTC P0113: IAT sensor open/high

You might check for:
- Poor connections on ECM and harness connector, damaged terminals, etc
- Intermittent faults "wiggle test" of wiring for poor connections
- Sensor may have become out of calibration.

The manual you are missing is the "Electrical Diagnostic Manual" for your particular model. Just like the Shop Manual, you can order one from the dealer. The electrical diagnostic manual has a table of sensor temperatures and voltages to check sensor performance.

The Delphi engine management system looks a lot like a GM car in terms of diagnostic codes. I think these IAT Diagnostic Trouble Codes are the same for my Corvette.

The manual is well worth the $$ if you have one of these Delphi bikes - pretty straight forward once you have the proper documentation.
Man I wish I could rattle that off like you do....very good.
HDMD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Farmer wants to know Dino or Syn?
fffffffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinsurgeon
Man I wish I could rattle that off like you do....very good.
nnnnnnnnnnnn
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

diagnostic trouble codes

ssssmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

diagnostic trouble codes

I check the DTC,i read ,P node pn 32915-04
S none pn 68922-00c
SP none 67197-04
T no rsp
I have ROAD king classic 04,i donT understand the number after none,i do not find in the list code,this message maybe correct,i don't no,if somebody saw the same thing me advised,thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement