Throttle Position Sensor - Code P0122 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Twin-Cam 88" Engine Technical Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2004, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Bluescb wants to know Dino or Syn?
Throttle Position Sensor - Code P0122

Just got a P0122 error code - Do any of you think that a failing THrottle Positioin sensor could be making my bike miss and sputter in the Low RPM Range??
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2004, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

GRock wants to know Dino or Syn?
bluescb,

Still having trouble with that thing? Saw you on the other thread. Throttle position is critical for ECU to gain info from the maps. It needs to know where you are on the throttle percentage to give you the correct fuel at that throttle and RPM. (VE tables). TPS is like a volume control or rheostat. It can get "noisy" when it gets old or malfunctions and ECU cannot get a handle on the correct voltage. At idle, sensor should be reading at between about .35 to .45 volts. If its off, all related fuel input will be off, also. On the other thread I mentioned that I thought there was something else wrong. This may be it. It does make sense.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Ragnar wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescb
Just got a P0122 error code - Do any of you think that a failing THrottle Positioin sensor could be making my bike miss and sputter in the Low RPM Range??
Bingo! I doubt that it's failing; it needs to be re-set. Since you've got a Delphi, only the dealer can do it. Like Grock said, everything else depends on the TPS being set correctly. If it's not, the ECU is responding to incorrect info.

Ragnar
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Wow... gettin' psyched... You did say it was something else other then the map. It TPS is located by the Cams and I did have new Cams put in and the trouble started exactly after the new cams were put in....I'm bringin' the bike in TODAY. I'll let you know..
Old 08-13-2004, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Just got the bike back w/new TPS. I had them do a Dyno run. Does this make any sense?
I have an '04 RKC, V&H Oval Slips, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, Stage II Flash, 1550 BB w/SE203, SE Flat Top Pistons.. Nothing radical. WITH nmy V$H Pipes, I had 77 HP and 47 TQ. Thas right -- 47 Ft Lbs TQ...Top Speed 105
With the Stock PIpes, I had 69.9 HP and 83 .6 TQ. 135 Top Speed. Dealer said my PIPES ARE SUCKING OUT all MY POWER. Can these numbes be legit?
Old 08-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

GRock wants to know Dino or Syn?
Bluescb,

The only thing being sucked is the money out of your pocket. These excuses are getting dumber as time goes on. The set up you have should be giving you over 90lbs of torque. Built 2 exact set ups as yours earlier this year and got 82HP and 92 TQ on 2003 RK and on 04 RK with slight increase in Comp ratio and everything else the same as yours got 84HP and 96TQ. They built it wrong period!! Whether its the mapping, or they didn't calibrate the TPS, or whatever, they fuk'd it up. You said problem started after they put in cams. Maybe they didn't set them in correctly. If the same idiot that did the work is the same one that came up with that galactically stupid response about the pipes, I wouldn't put anything by him. THE POWER IS BEING SUCKED OUT BY THE PIPES???? What a crock!

Blues, feel bad for you bro, as I know you are going through a lot with this bike, but get them to fix it and then run from these morons.

Last edited by GRock; 08-13-2004 at 07:25 PM.
GRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement