05 Road king with blueing pipes : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Twin-Cam 88" Engine Technical Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

joe46507 wants to know Dino or Syn?
05 Road king with blueing pipes

05 Road king custom with 28k miles and my Rineharts are somewhat blueing or more like "golding" near the exhaust ports. I noticed the golding last fall when I noticed my rear cylinders exhaust pipe had a hole in it from faulty plating I believe. Bubs sent me out the lastest greatest design and I changed it out. 4000 miles later (today) I am noticing a golding effect on the front cyclinder. I was told I had to have the Screamin Eagle EFI race tuner for these Rinehart pipe when they installed them. It was a "generic" download. Is it possible that things are off enough to make the bike run hot at the exhaust port. When we was in Sturgis going to the Kiss concert at the Glenco and llllloooonnnnggggg slow traffic my bike died just feet from where the guy was telling me to park my bike. Pretty scary to have your bike die like that. Now to see these hot spots on my pipes I am scared to ride it and damage something. anyone have similar scenario? Whats the cost of Dyno-tuning?

Thanks

Joe
joe46507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

RB Jones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe46507 View Post
05 Road king custom with 28k miles and my Rineharts are somewhat blueing or more like "golding" near the exhaust ports. I noticed the golding last fall when I noticed my rear cylinders exhaust pipe had a hole in it from faulty plating I believe. Bubs sent me out the lastest greatest design and I changed it out. 4000 miles later (today) I am noticing a golding effect on the front cyclinder. I was told I had to have the Screamin Eagle EFI race tuner for these Rinehart pipe when they installed them. It was a "generic" download. Is it possible that things are off enough to make the bike run hot at the exhaust port. When we was in Sturgis going to the Kiss concert at the Glenco and llllloooonnnnggggg slow traffic my bike died just feet from where the guy was telling me to park my bike. Pretty scary to have your bike die like that. Now to see these hot spots on my pipes I am scared to ride it and damage something. anyone have similar scenario? Whats the cost of Dyno-tuning?

Thanks

Joe
Without knowing what else you've modified it would be hard to say, but sounds like you're running lean. A good mechanic should be able to tune the bike to run properly without putting it on a dyno, but they make a lot more money when they do the latter.

RB Jones
2005 Lava Red Sunglo Road King Classic
RB Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement