V-Twin Forum banner

Weird clutch adjustment

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tall terry 
#1 ·
2012 ultra with 103. Been at a half turn and dragging a bit. Attempted 5 adjustments and I could not get the clutch to stop in neutral and the tire to stop while in first with the clutch pulled in. Moco primary fluid. Last adjustment I left the cable gap at 1/8" and started turning the adjustments IN. Probably in a turn against tension. Tightened every thing up...reset some slack in the cable and all seems good. I did replace the clutch with a SE kit several months ago with no problems until now. It's like I'm missing a plate,or disk. Cable stretched outta wack? Did adjust cold. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Seems to be yoir procedure. First adjust the cable until it is flopping loose. Then .ake the adjustment on the clutch plate turn in until all the slack in the adjuster screw is taken up and hard to turn, back it out about 1/4 turn, like ck I t down then adjust the cable slack to the 1/8" play at the lever. You should be good to go at that point

#4 ·
Did loosen the whole way. Tried half thru one inch adjusting cable each time and could not get the rear wheel to stop in gear with clutch pulled in. With this adjustment I can get the clutch to release close to the grip but at what price?

#6 ·
Turns not inch...lol. Yes in the primary. Tried multiple techniques. This is the set up that's working. At a 1/2 turn out on the clutch adjustments and almost NO slack in the cable I could not get the clutch to stop dragging in gear with the clutch pulled in. At that point I kept turning the clutch adjustment inwards several times and retightened nut when I got the clutch to disengage. I have been able to put some nice slack in the cable. Better engagement spot midway on the lever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.