Compensator sprockets going bad on 2010 street glide - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Transmission and Primary
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

rbabos wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwup View Post
08 SEUC used syn 3 in primary first 18000 compensator replaced at 18000 with SE Compensator, have 47000 compensator begining to make noise again have used redline in primary since 18000. don't believe the oil is the problem.
Take a look at the bore when you replace this one and you will see the weak point of the design. Hopefully my little mod will fix this. Will know soon.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

rcamp01 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Adding spring to copensator

Mine when out twice, Im going to add a spring to it ad see if that will work to make it more srtonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob71458 View Post
Just my experience, bit I tried the SE comp. and saw no improvement of any kind what so ever. It actually caused the bike to lose a little throttle response, due to the excessive weight. I removed it and put the stock one back in. I have no starter kick back, and have put over 12K miles on it and a few hundred miles of dyno runs, pushing over 130 hp. I have also seen pictures of the SE comp. self destructing, so I will leave my stock one in.
rcamp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
FNG :)

Justride5050 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs down I just have to say is way to put garbage parts Milwaukee Wi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogboy10 View Post
thanks for the responses. i have been riding all my life (still have a 98 roadking w 130,000 miles on it) and have never replaced a compensator sprocket. i like the idea of the of screaming eagle upgrade. i have a pretty good dealership so i am going to suggest.
what is a t.s.b.?
I just went through this issue this week.. I thought my starter was going out realize that was the problem.. Took it to Harley ask them to find the problem they call back and said its your compensator sprocket and we are going up grade to a S.E part.. When a machine of a Harley dealership is tells you to upgrade cause they had issues on the stock part that's tell you Harley had issues on this part.. So I call the customer service in Milwaukee Wi. Talked to Pete and told him my situation to see if there is a recall on this part.. Put me on hold to talk to one of his techs came back on the phone told me he is going call the dealership cut the cost so harley knows that stock part is junk.. Few days later my bike is done and the bill is 800 what they estimated me.. I called Milwaukee tried to talk to Pete and he avoided my calls.. Finally after several call talk to a guy Jamie in customer service explain the situation.. He told me that they still use the same part today in bikes but the research I did on this part was from 2009 thru 2012 I told him.. I sad it's pretty sad people you stick this issues on the customer that pays thousand for bikes from Harley and Milwaukee makes the customer bite the bullet on this defected part.. I really lost alot of respect Harley for there customer Service..
Justride5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

hardheaded wants to know Dino or Syn?
lousy engineers and cutting corners is harleys problem. the old bikes were alot better than the new ones.
hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

cata5803 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justride5050 View Post
I just went through this issue this week.. I thought my starter was going out realize that was the problem.. Took it to Harley ask them to find the problem they call back and said its your compensator sprocket and we are going up grade to a S.E part.. When a machine of a Harley dealership is tells you to upgrade cause they had issues on the stock part that's tell you Harley had issues on this part.. So I call the customer service in Milwaukee Wi. Talked to Pete and told him my situation to see if there is a recall on this part.. Put me on hold to talk to one of his techs came back on the phone told me he is going call the dealership cut the cost so harley knows that stock part is junk.. Few days later my bike is done and the bill is 800 what they estimated me.. I called Milwaukee tried to talk to Pete and he avoided my calls.. Finally after several call talk to a guy Jamie in customer service explain the situation.. He told me that they still use the same part today in bikes but the research I did on this part was from 2009 thru 2012 I told him.. I sad it's pretty sad people you stick this issues on the customer that pays thousand for bikes from Harley and Milwaukee makes the customer bite the bullet on this defected part.. I really lost alot of respect Harley for there customer Service..

I've had my differences with customer service also.. Had 2009 and 2010 touring, both had problems with compansary sproket. I up graded to SE and in another 20,000 miles went bad.. I'm now with a 05 FLHTI 88 cu in .. Never been so happy. I think from the 96 cu in on up from factory started this problem. ..No more new for me..
Old 06-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

gusotto wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justride5050 View Post
Few days later my bike is done and the bill is 800 what they estimated me.. ..
Price seems high.
Part is $250. It's listed in the P&A book!
I was told (and billed) for two hours ($85 per hour) for the job.
All from my local Harley dealership.
(2007 Ultra)
gusotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
FNG :)

stevedak wants to know Dino or Syn?
Does anyone make an aftermarket compensator? I have an 2004 Fatboy, the SE compensator I found was for 2007 and up, didn't see an SE for 2004
stevedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

rbabos wants to know Dino or Syn?
Gmr performance.com now has an oiling system to solve premature wear of these SE units.
Ron

Last edited by rbabos; 06-28-2013 at 01:11 PM.
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement