well, I went and did it : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Tatts & Ink
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
well, I went and did it

I've been thinking about this for at least 6 months. I already have one tat, a winged tire on my left shoulder. Basic and simple. But this new one is functional. Over my left breast, in a 1" x 2" shaved patch, is DNR with a red heart. I'm fairly certain that medical professionals will get the message.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
When it's time, it's time. You're not in a hurry, are you?

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Without documentation I'm afraid you're gonna be zapped anyway.
Uncle Salty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

No, I'm not. In fact, I know people 10 years younger than I who look 10 years older. I'm 63 but do not need/take blood pressure or diabetes medication. But as a pharmacist I see people shuttled back and forth from a nursing home to a hospital and back again. There is no quality of life of any kind. Why should some old person, in the throws of ending their life, consume what little money the family has left? And, as a rider for 45 years, it's still possible my life could end quickly as opposed to slow deterioration. I'm just being realistic and don't want any doubt as to my final wishes. It will be just fine with me if this tat is faded before it comes into use.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
Without documentation I'm afraid you're gonna be zapped anyway.
I also have the little heart symbol on my driver's license.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
It will be just fine with me if this tat is faded before it comes into use.
That'd be cool.
Uncle Salty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
FNG :)

arrowslinger65 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I was a 46 year old virgin...

Till I bit the bullet last week. Tat artist asked "your girlfriend?", To which I replied "Somethin' like that...She's parked out on the street...". Block letters, in black 'n red on me fore-arm... FLSTN, Just like my baby. Black and red Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe...SWEET Thang!!!
arrowslinger65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

BIGBOPPA wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowslinger65 View Post
Till I bit the bullet last week. Tat artist asked "your girlfriend?", To which I replied "Somethin' like that...She's parked out on the street...". Block letters, in black 'n red on me fore-arm... FLSTN, Just like my baby. Black and red Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe...SWEET Thang!!!
And when you change bikes?
Although I guess its not as much of an issue as people getting their gf's/wifes name plastered all over their body then they break up! They then have to get it all blacked out or removed with a laser. As Im sure their new partner wouldnt like another girls name plastered all over their partners body. AH HA! They didnt think of that did they!

PLEASE,DO NOT MAKE ME HAVE TO USE MY UNDERTAKERS VOICE!!!

1986 FXRS
80" EVO
BIGBOPPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Rendell wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have two names tattooed on my body. I was looking to get some Chinese lettering done, and decided since I didn't have anything deep and meaningful at the time to say, I had my Body artist's name in chinese. Kind of an artist signing a painting. She has done all but one of my tattoos. Trina the Dragon Lady, in Killeen, TX. I plan a couple more trips down there in the next couple years.. The other name was a "Double dog dare", while in the Army.. Yep, I've stated before I was really stupid between 18 and 22 years of age. The second name has been covered up.. And Yes, I have wised up. My recommendation is to never get a name of any sort tattooed on your body. I've been married 20 years, and would not get my Wife's name tattooed on my body, even though I love her more now than I did the day I married her.
Rendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

guydoc77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
No, I'm not. In fact, I know people 10 years younger than I who look 10 years older. I'm 63 but do not need/take blood pressure or diabetes medication. But as a pharmacist I see people shuttled back and forth from a nursing home to a hospital and back again. There is no quality of life of any kind. Why should some old person, in the throws of ending their life, consume what little money the family has left? And, as a rider for 45 years, it's still possible my life could end quickly as opposed to slow deterioration. I'm just being realistic and don't want any doubt as to my final wishes. It will be just fine with me if this tat is faded before it comes into use.
My hat is off to you Fred. Might be a bit premature and all inclusive.

For example, what if you get in a wreck, God forbid, and have a tension pneumothorax? In that case, your pulse could disappear but could quickly be recovered with a chest tube.

Or what if you have a lung contusion? Intubation for a few days would not necessarily be considered "heroic".
I had this talk with my Dad several years ago.

While I share your view of the scenario you describe, I'm only suggesting that there are any number of scenarios where resuscitation would a good thing, with a good chance of you making a complete or nearly complete recovery.

Just some things to think through. But, I have little doubt that you have quite likely done that.
Clearview windshield
CP flat tops
R&R Stage 3 heads, .030 gasket, 82cc chambers
Trued, welded, and balanced crank by Hyperformance
TMan 590 cams
SE AC
HPI 54mm TB
Supermeg with open cap and 15 discs
TTS tune by BVBob

2003 Indian Scout Deluxe
Aspen White (got it for my wife)
S&S "SuperStock" 88"
12" apes
Scary fast!
guydoc77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

I want what everyone wants .... to die in your sleep. And if it happens prematurely I wouldn't know about it.

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I've been thinking about this for at least 6 months. I already have one tat, a winged tire on my left shoulder. Basic and simple. But this new one is functional. Over my left breast, in a 1" x 2" shaved patch, is DNR with a red heart. I'm fairly certain that medical professionals will get the message.
Some folks get their blood type on the inside of both wrists. Pulse is sometimes taken there.
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Wind wants to know Dino or Syn?
DNR tat is not legal. It may be your wish but when the emergency squad comes, if the papers are not there they MUST try to save you. No agrument. Even if your son is there saying "He doesn't want this." Too bad, they must proceed.
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
So... a DNR tat, and a note pinned to his jacket?

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.