V-Twin Forum banner

AZ Bike Week - Cyclefest and Westside Expo

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RoadKingTrax 
#1 ·
Alright, after being completely depressed about the two venues in AZ this past week, thought I'd see what others thought. From a ride, music, and party perspective, I think it was all good. From the perspective of looking for the latest stuff happening in the industry and trying to make connections/ties to build, customize and maintain V-Twin motorcycles it was very disappointing.

What did you think?

#2 ·
It was a large, well organized event and the Foreigner concert on Saturday night was good. I didn't see much "new" stuff...same old booths of imported goods but some good looking bikes. The inside parking for bikes was great!

What I really didn't like was the fact that about 50% of the people there were smoking and I don't like that...about 1/2 were cigars. :mad: The place where it was held contained the smoke for other to enjoy...especially after the sun went down and breeze died out completely. I'm sure at least 1/2 of the baby boomer bikers are going to die of lung cancer...but they sure look cool!...

#3 ·
I didn't go to Cyclefest, but I did go to Westside Expo. I didn't get there until about 5:30pm, only to discover that the Expo was shutting down at 6:30pm to get ready for the concert that night. Bought a pair of sunglasses, got new molds made for my earplugs, stayed for the concert. I thought the vendor count was pretty low, but there was some cool stuff (If that Chrome Fusion stuff wasn't so expensive I'd be all over it).

-- kerry --

#4 ·
Wifey and I went on Thursday afternoon before work. Knew we wouldn't be seeing any bands(too early), but that was cool with us. Not a whole lotta people ther, which was very cool. Lots and lots of vendors. We had a good time browsing around. I got my new Metzler 880's there. Didn't have to wait. Was ready in about an hour. Wifey got a pair of Panoptx shades with presription lenses. Ala in all, we had a good time. Both of us got to ride our bikes together, which is a rarity with my schedule.

#5 ·
nixdad said:
Wifey and I went on Thursday afternoon before work. Knew we wouldn't be seeing any bands(too early), but that was cool with us. Not a whole lotta people ther, which was very cool. Lots and lots of vendors. We had a good time browsing around. I got my new Metzler 880's there. Didn't have to wait. Was ready in about an hour. Wifey got a pair of Panoptx shades with presription lenses. Ala in all, we had a good time. Both of us got to ride our bikes together, which is a rarity with my schedule.
I guess that's what I meant. I'm glad it was great for you and your wife to get out and ride, pic up some shades, changes your skins, and have some most likely well deserved time together. I'm all over that and cool with it. It is just for us trying to make things happen or get things started for ourselves in this industry these events provide little to nothing. I would have been better off calling VP's and sales managers for the various parts I'm after to talk about what they have new that the their dealers don't know about or don't have on order. You can't believe how many parts on my current build that have not even hit the market yet because none of their dealers have placed orders. It's crazy. I just keep looking where ever I can. In that light, the AZ Bike week and competing events we're real let downs.

#6 ·
I thought westworld was the same as last year, of course I was there early on Friday. Rode over to Scottsdale, then around to the Cardinals stadium. Thought the vendors there were a lot nicer and more to look at. I felt bad though, it was dead. What a great venue and good showing from the industry. I hope the weekend was better out there. Would like to see them come back. Sunday went and watched the nitro HD drags. Second year for me, and lots to see and look at....bikes of course..;).

Trax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.