Color code gunmetal pearl requested for crash repair : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Sheetmetal, Bodywork and Custom Painting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

ViennaHog wants to know Dino or Syn?
Question Color code gunmetal pearl requested for crash repair

Went down this morning and scratched my hard saddlebags pretty good. Color is 2003 anniversary gunmetal pearl and I am not sure where to get it. I assume that HD doesn't sell the paint as they prefer to sell the tins and the bags. Anybody in here how knows the PPG or Sikkens color code?

Thanks in advance
ViennaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2006, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Harleypingman wants to know Dino or Syn?
Harley sells paint; expensive paint

If you call the service department of your HD dealership and give them your VIN number, they can give you the color code. They can also refer you to the parts department where you can buy your color by the quart (for about $70 per) and the required activator ($40 for 8 oz.). You might also be able to get your color in a spray can and attempt a cosmetic repair that way.

I have gone through this process with my 04 EG with a new fender and ultra classic tour pack being painted.

I am about to do the same thing for a friend who purchased hard bags (black) for his RK Custom and wants the bags reshot to match his metallic blue bike. HTH.
Harleypingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Road Captain

hogg831 wants to know Dino or Syn?
.....try again, hope this helps.

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer are purely coincidental. Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic. The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.

Fun is a good thing, whining sucks!
hogg831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Thanks folks

Looks like the US dealers are more cooperative when it comes to 100th paint kits. I think I order a set from the US and have it shipped unless there are restrictions on flammable stuff.
Maybe I find the PPG color code and we can mix it right here.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Axe Man

BVBOB wants to know Dino or Syn?
ppg code is 902651 for gunmetal pearl, shows on the computer it is actually blue but without a color chip I could not tell you for sure what shade.

HD number off the can 9806BDT for the paint
99825-02 for the hardener
This is leftover from a fender repair I did this spring.
The HD paint is an acrylic uerathane, I thought it sprayed well but I did also clearcoat it when finished, if you use DBU or DBC PPG basecoat you will save some time and money but I can tell you the paint I got from HD was an excellent match.
BVBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Bob,

thanks a lot for the helpful info and the guidance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement