Ultra Classic Tour Pack Quick Disconnect (wiring) : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Sheetmetal, Bodywork and Custom Painting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
JjR
IronButt

JjR wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ultra Classic Tour Pack Quick Disconnect (wiring)

I have a 03 Ultra Classic and would like to install the quick disconect mount for the King Tour Pack. Which would not be that big of a deal except for all the wiring that would have to be disconnected.

Has anyone ever done a web page on how to do this? Does HD sell a harness for the speakers etc for the quick detach? Also I was thinking about adding on the amp that fits inder the tour pack. Would that also add to the mess?

TIA,
John
JjR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Harleypingman wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am going to have this done by the dealer and will see if I can get the part numbers for the plug connectors and post them here for you. This will not be a standard Harley factory procedure since the factory does not envision Classic or Ultra owners using the two up detachable or solo detachable racks for their king tour packs.

If you don't want to wait for my post, you could use the same interlock connectors that are used under the faring cap for the cruise on/off and passing lamp switch on the ultras. Just go to the parts counter and get the touring parts book for 2006 say, and look up the faring cap switch parts.

Good luck.
Harleypingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

moondognyc wants to know Dino or Syn?
bump............
moondognyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Road Captain

hogg831 wants to know Dino or Syn?
....as stated HD does not sell a harness for this. I haven't seen, heard or searched for a website to do this. You can use trailer connectors, Deutsche connectors to make your connect points for the wires. A visit to radio shack or CB Shop should get you the correct items for the CB if you're inclined to use it, also the radio if you elect not to use a hidden one under the fairing.

It's a pretty straight forward deal, take the seat off, take the insert out of the tour pac, get out your manual and you see what's involved.

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer are purely coincidental. Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic. The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.

Fun is a good thing, whining sucks!
hogg831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement