Trunk extension on Ultra Classic : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Seats and Saddles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

DebB wants to know Dino or Syn?
Trunk extension on Ultra Classic

Hi - please forgive any fumblings in posting of a newbie here. We have heard there is a way - or an extension piece to buy (?) that will enable us to move the trunk back on our Ultra Classic to give me more room.

I've tried searching here, but didn't find anything, but if it's been asked before - could someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Also - my husband moved my foot board down, but being 6'1" I'm still cramped and my feel hang halfway off the front of the board. Any suggestions for this (now be nice!)

Thank you in advance for any help.
DebB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
XLIII

MegaGlide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Kuryakyn tour pak relocation kit. Moves it back 2". It's bliss.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2656

Sherlyn Popelka DUI, Aggravated Assault, Fugitive Arrest Reports HERE:
http://www.sherlynpopelka.net/
MegaGlide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you so much for your reply. When my husband saw the item you posted the link for - he was then able to find it locally after a couple phone calls - and is installing it right now.

I appreciate your help!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

We're back from our test ride and the trunk extensions is fantastic! It not only gives me more room in the seat, it also helps with more leg room also. Again - thanks so much for responding to my post. We leave on a 3 day ride tomorrow and I'll sure be a lot more comfortable. **
Old 09-17-2005, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
XLIII

MegaGlide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Glad it worked for you.
I know I love mine.

Sherlyn Popelka DUI, Aggravated Assault, Fugitive Arrest Reports HERE:
http://www.sherlynpopelka.net/
MegaGlide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2005, 01:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

ShakyJake wants to know Dino or Syn?
DebB, now that you have done that, if you really want a thrill Kuryakan (sp?) also sells extended footpegs that bolt on BUT do not replace the passengers floorboards that give you about 270 degrees of adjustment quite easy. Also tell your Ol'Man to dump the stock air shocks and buy some Progressive 440's it makes all the dif in the world on the ride. Also if you'all get down in SoCal sometime drop me a line and we will meet up somewhere and go for a putt.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you ShakyJake ~ They were showing me these adjustable foot pegs you're posting about today at the shop where we bought the trunk extension. They looked very interesting (and promising!). I'm glad to hear a recommendation for them.

Thank you also for the information about the shocks. My husband just discovered that we had 0 air in the shocks (we just took delivery a few days ago) - so I'm hoping his getting AIR in there will make a nice difference too. I will pass along your advice on the Progressive 440s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.