Road King Sissy Bar : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Seats and Saddles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2002, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

hogwild wants to know Dino or Syn?
Angry Road King Sissy Bar

I bought a 02 Road King Classic about 2 months ago, I love the bike, it's my first Harley. But, I purchased the quick release sissy bar and have a stock RK seat, the problem is the sissy bar sits really vertical or straight up, no angle at all. The sissy bar covers about a third of the back seat, I have talked to the local HD dealer and they say that's the way the sissy bar mounts. I bought the RK because of the smooth ride but when my girlfriend rides with me I noticed that she sits so straight up that is is not comfortable for her. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the sissy bar at an angle? I like the idea of the quick release, and it wasn't cheap for the bar and the hardware. HELP! You know you have to have a great looking girl on the back of your bike.
hogwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2002, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

TL44 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Man..I hope thats not the case..I just picked up the detachable kit with all the hardware, docking, pad, etc...and it was big $$$ !..I didnt even think about trying it out before I bought..was it really that bad?..my wife really wanted the sissy so I bought it thinking I could remove it when I wanted...let me know how u make out with it..
TL44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2002, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

harleyhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've one on too, (non detachable) Same position.
Bolt Upright!

Click da Hog...Go on, ya know ya wanna.

harleyhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2002, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

cox9000 wants to know Dino or Syn?
harleyhog,
How do you like it?
cox9000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2002, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Infidel

wyodude wants to know Dino or Syn?
Re: Road King Sissy Bar

Quote:
Originally posted by hogwild
Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the sissy bar at an angle?
Yep. Get a fat chick, a BIG UN

Tote her ass around for a couple hundred miles, I guarantee she'll ben the **** out of it

wyo

PS- you asked
Old 08-14-2002, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Finally got the docking kit on..decided to do it myself. Thats when I found out that when you remove certain bolts, everything shifts. So now , the holes that use to line up, dont line up anymore. All i can say about the installation is have a friend handy to help force the parts back together. as for the position of the backrest..my wife loves it...she weighs about 105 pounds, so maybe its easier on the smaller passengers. but Im happy with it...just thought it was a bit pricey..just my 2 cents..ride on..
Old 08-15-2002, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

LowFlyer wants to know Dino or Syn?
No making them happy I guess.............

My wife complains that the sissy bay on the Wide Glide leans back TOO far!

Traded an '04 Road Glide in for an '07 Road Glide.......Black, the fastest Harley color!

(The Invisible Poster)
LowFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2002, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Just Like to Ride

Unome wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally posted by LowFlyer
No making them happy I guess.............
My wife complains that the sissy bay on the Wide Glide leans back TOO far!
And I've got the Custom Chrome sissy bar and side rails on my 2001 RK and it has just enough lean, according to my wife.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

hogwild wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ok Everybody,

After dealing with the dealership that is 55 miles up the road and dropping my bike off to have the service work done and get the sissy bar checked out. I got more acomplished than they did in 4 days. I picked up the bike and they said thats the way the bar mounts, docking kit was fine and they tried to bend the bar. NO dice, so last week at the beach I checked out my friends bike, a 2000 RKC with a quick release sissy bar. The HD dealer sold me the wrong bar for a 2002 RKC, I had a bar for the old models. I guess everybody always says that your bike you will know inside and out, because nobody at the dealership could get it right. So, the sissy bar has been exchanged and new low profile sandlebag guards have been installed. So far everything is OK. Thanks for the input.
hogwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2002, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

fearnot69 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey Hogwild. Got any pictures. (I've got a 2002 RoadKing) I want to get a touring seat or stay with the stock seat and sissy bar for my girl. Have to wait until April 2003 to see how the stock seat rides. I want my girl to be comfortable when we ride. I also want a single seat. Been looking at Corbin's Hollywood single seat. Thanks in advance. I want to keep cost down to a minimum.(Yeah, I know I'm a cheap ba$tard!) J.T.

P.S. How much does the sissy bar cost with all the fixin's?
Old 08-29-2002, 04:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

figure around 300 for the detachable one...and thats if you do it your self..
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #12 (permalink)

cvgkid wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quick Release backrest

Hogwild: What's the correct part number? I also have a 2002 RKC and am in the market for one.
cvgkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.