Leather Badlander on Super Glide : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Seats and Saddles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

Joe P wants to know Dino or Syn?
Leather Badlander on Super Glide

I like the way this seat looks. I am looking for something that looks more streamlined than the stock seat and passenger pillion I currently have on my 06 super glide.
The dealer does not have it in stock.
Anyone have this setup? Is it comfortable? For the passenger too?

Is it true that the stcok seats are really bad, I don't have anything to compare it too?

Thanks
Joe P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

rocklinmike wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hi Joe-
I had a leather Badlander on my '03 Sportster. I'm not sure how similar it is to the Dyna version, but on the Sportster it was very firm, but comfortable for me. But for my wife riding behind me, it was horrible. I currently have an'05 Super Glide, and I find the stock seat very comfortable, and so does my wife. By the way, both bikes had (have) detachable sissy bars with backrests.
Mike
rocklinmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

BadTwin wants to know Dino or Syn?
Had the Badlander (not leather) on my fxdwg and didnt like it. The look was cool, but like Mike said, my wife hated it as well.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Doofaluumpa

HogJR wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the HD Sundowner Deep Bucket on my 05 SuperGlide. Switched from the stock seat after my wife started riding with me. It's very comfortable for both of us.
Zippers AC W/ Dewey's SS Cover
95" w/ SE Flat tops
Adj. Pushrods
9.8 Comp
.030 Cometic
Dewey's Pro-Street Heads
Andrews 37G
PCIII USB
98.47HP 107TQ 4th Gear SAE
HogJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Total Nutcase

JamieWG wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've been riding on a badlander for about a year now. It's great for less than 150 miles. Any longer than that and your butt will go numb. I like the seat though... you sit down in the bike instead of on top. Passenger wise? It's good for about 30 miles. Then they want off.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Phemus

steveusmc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Don't buy the Badlander unless you are just scooting around locally. Comfort is ZERO after a few miles and you will have monkey butt real bad at 100 miles. I have the Badlander on my '95 Wideglide (bike came with it) and have talked about replacing it with a Mustang....just haven't done it yet. If you want the sleek look, the Badlander is great. However, if you want any kind of comfort, stay away from it.

Like Jamie said...passenger wise...not very many miles until they want OFF. I've read nothing but GREAT reviews in here about Mustang seats.

http://www.mustangseats.com/hdseats.htm

Semper Fi,
Steve..Pensacola
steveusmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2007, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Joe P wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks guys, I think you saved me some grief. I ordered a Mustang Daytripper. I believe it should be pretty comfortable for both of us.

Thanks again!
Joe P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.