V-Twin Forum banner

Gman, your trip up North!

9K views 90 replies 13 participants last post by  Settertude 
#1 ·
First,

You need to clean out your inbox, it is full and won't except any more.

Was thinking about when we meet up in ME on 10/1, maybe you and Springer could end up at Bentleys? Then we could see him again too. Maybe other members (ie Givrsum) could meet us there as well?

rkc

#48 ·
How about some pictures. Maybe bahhhh hahhbahh itself?

#49 ·
Just got an update from G, he is doing well on his trip into Maine.

We a great time with him and Mrs G.

We will meet up with them later this week. It may be cool enough then so that we will both get to wear our chaps!

rkc

#51 ·
Is G and the Mrs. still phk'n off?

Damn, I need a job like his so I can take off from time to time!

#52 ·
Is G and the Mrs. still phk'n off?

Damn, I need a job like his so I can take off from time to time![/QUOTE

ya, i heard from him around 1 or so and he was just outside of augusta head'n for the harbor.. we're gonna meet up in the morning for a few tour miles and some grub. looking forward to it. the weather may be a bit uncooperative but what the hell right?.. my lady chum got the day off as well so yeeeeha!!

#54 ·
well sherri and i had an awesome day. we left this morning to meet up with g and kt at a balmy 41 degrees and foggy! i think the tears were freezing in my ears. at one point i seen a motorhome for sale and thought about seeing if he wanted to make a trade.. heh heh,, yep cold, colder then a whores heart. anyway, bout 11 or so we got to our meet destination. wicked good folks, we had a short ride and consumed some grub, shot some shi7, then parted ways. would of liked to had more time but i'm glad we got together. it's mighty nice meeting good folks and enjoying their company. they're both poser elites in my book. and i welcome them back anytime,, also wish them a safe ride meeting up with rkc and safe travels back home.. thanks for the great day g n kt..

#57 ·
Thanks Giv! We had a great time and really wish we had a few more days up this way. Like I said earlier, even though we are at 2500 for the trip so far, we are only 1120 miles away from home so I could see us making another trip up here in the not real distant future.

We came back to wet roads as soon as we got near the island so I think we did good to come up your way.

Cool, now I am elite at post whoring AND posing! :woohoo:

Yup. What he said. D ain't half bad either. Never met Mrs. D yet, but her day is coming......
Her day is coming very soon. :)

That's what I like about this forum. I have met (in person) some really good people through it. I have also met (not in person) some real dickheads on here.....=devil=
Funny how that works isn't it?

Pretty well sums up how Mrs D and I feel about G and KT. :thumbsup:
Mutual D.

Now we're just gettin' all mushy in here. :redrolf:

#55 ·
Givrsum;3615393 wicked good folks...and i welcome them back anytime[/QUOTE said:
Pretty well sums up how Mrs D and I feel about G and KT. :thumbsup:

#56 ·
Yup. What he said. D ain't half bad either. Never met Mrs. D yet, but her day is coming......

That's what I like about this forum. I have met (in person) some really good people through it. I have also met (not in person) some real dickheads on here.....=devil=

#60 ·
Looks like we will be riding up to ME in the rain, wife is not happy about that.

Givrsum, sounds like you are not coming down to Bently's today? My original goal was 3-4, but we may be earlier to avoid the scheduled downpours.

rkc

#61 ·
ya rkc,, i can't make it down with all the shi7 i got going on.. i'd sure like to but it just ain't hap'n.. you folks enjoy yourselves and be safe. no rain up here today and it was like 55 when i left home at 5. pretty nice and calm no fog,so g and kt should have a decent ride down

#64 ·
Riding in the rain with G is a rite of passage, right Luv's?

#66 ·
Yesterday was a good ride down to Bentley's.

We started the morning by doing the Acadia Park loop at Bar Harbor, ending with Cadillac Mountain. Left there at noon and rode down US 1 from Bar Harbor to Brunswick, ME and then the Turnpike down to Arundel.

Dinner, drinks and open mic night at Bentley's with RKC and wife.. Really good time.

Headed west this morning to the White Mountains. Staying a little bit north of Laconia till Saturday morning when we head home.

BTW, RKC was in the rain UNTIL he got close to our meeting point. I did not hit any rain on the way down yesterday. We did not ride in any rain together today. Just sayin'

#67 ·
that's cool, glad you had decent weather,, open mic huh,, well do tell.. did ya do any beller'in? some damn fine scenery where yer headed, enjoy.. be safe

#68 ·
Givirsum: thank you for the gift!

The open mike thing were bands, some were pretty damn good. Others maybe not.

We are staying in the white mountains, north woodstock. Looks like another beautiful day today, just about peak foliage.

We are hoping that it will not be raining in the morning tomorrow when we leave. If it is, I told G that we could leave separately to keep our dry riding together streak valid.

#73 ·
I got an update from G: 540 miles today to Harrisburg. Half of those were wet and cold. He should make the other 500+ and be home tomorrow.

I left a little earlier than he did and we hit heavy drizzle for most of our ride. Not sure if drizzle counts as rain, but it started 10 minutes after we left G. I have some pic's but having issues uploading them.

We had great weather up in NH and rode some great roads; like Kancamagus and Mt Washington auto road. It was nice to see them again.

rkc

#74 ·
My earlier comment wasn't really about the rain curse and it being or not being affixed to the Gman. I was speaking to the gear that was left back in Carolina, do to lack of space. Had it rained while I was rolling with him, and it was real close, I would have had a hard time wearing mine while he and the Ms weren't. Fact is I'd have probably insisted that Ms G wear mine while G and I got wet. Me being a gentleman and all that other sheit.

#76 ·
ohh man,, no shi7 ,,,, i'd of given him ours when he left if he had any room.. well i hope they didn't run into it to bad.. and i agree therm,, i'd of handed mine off to miss g as well.. that way she could have drove and he could tuck up in behind her,, heh heh

#77 ·
NO rain gear? That sucks if it's the case.

Still better than a good day in a cage, right?

#78 ·
Looks like G-man will make it home tonight. They left PA with temp of 35, and had 250 miles to go at 2:30.

I am having trouble uploading, I was only able to upload 2.

Here we are down the Cape:

and there are our bikes on top of Mt Washington.

rkc

#79 ·
Nice ride.

#80 ·
oh man, what a view, cool pic's! looks like you folks had great weather.. that jaunt up the big hill to the parking lot will wake ya up..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.