V-Twin Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

National VTF members meeting

400K views 7K replies 63 participants last post by  Thermodyne 
#1 · (Edited)
There have been several members across the country expressing an interest lately about meeting up in person. Let's start a real discussion about this and see what we can come up with.

I would begin by proposing a very general idea.

*Pick a spot in the midsection of the US
*Post some suggested dates
*Assess the interest (in terms of numbers)
*Narrow the plan down to a specific location that can accommodate everyone
*Ride, ride, ride

I'll start.

Let's have a general meet-up for members and any friends and significant others who would like to attend.

A 2 or 3 night stay would give time to have a proper meeting and allow for those who may only be able to make a day visit at the beginning or the end.

Something within a 200 mile radius of Kansas City seems pretty neutral and central but we can adjust location based on where the farthest members would be coming from.

My wife and I go to a rally in Panama City Beach, FL and visit friends along the Gulf Coast each spring at the end of April. We could add a week to that trip and say plan this event for late April or early May. This is just a starting point for discussion, any time could be made to work.

The floor is open. Let's hear some ideas.

Updated 9-19-14
----------------------------------------

***here's who seems to be in***

1) G Man - western NC
2) Thermodyne - south central PA
3) BigD - southern LA
4) luvstoride - central NC
5) Homesick - somewhere in missile silo country (we'll try to keep the location close)
6) Alan S - south central LA
7) filterless - MN
8) WEINERDOGBONE - central IN
9) Scrubs - TX
10) bcashin1 - VA
11) Road King Cole - MA
12) Givrsum - ME
13) pjcii - north GA
14) holobach - north GA
15) FXDRYDR - MI
16) bbally - mid W CO
17) coastie - MI
18) jakec - FL panhandle
19) 107inhog - MD
20) jammer45U? - MI

maybes?

21) dynageno? - mid Cali
22) huskerbob? - central NC
23) ncmedic? - N central NC
24) Uncle Salty? - NW LA
25) Gunny4Sawx? - Cali
26) Ahar??? - top left corner

The weekend of June, 5,6,7 has been proposed. <= scratch that

**The weekend of June 12,13,14 is available at The Hub in Marble Falls, AR.**

The place of northwestern Arkansas has been proposed. <= see line above

I will figure out how to apply a poll to this thing so we can vote, maybe. <= see last few pages for "voting"

See less See more
#5,990 ·
Did you guys have to pre-pay your rooms at Freeborne's to reserve them and do they have a cancellation policy?
I'm only 50% sure this work assignment in Detroit will end on 7/30 so I'm planning on just camping in case I can't make the run.

#5,992 ·
Here is a copy/paste from my email confirmation:

Payment Policy: A payment of 100% of reservation fee is required at time of booking. Advanced payments made over the
internet are always paid by credit card. By providing a credit card number, you are authorizing reservationfriend.com to bill
your credit card for the full amount of reservation, including any costs accrued while at the property, and outstanding
balances not paid at time of departure.

Cancellation Policy: This reservation is non-refundable. Any cancellation is subject to a penalty equal to 100% of the total
reservation fee. Please contact the property for Cancellations or to make any Changes to your Reservation.

Change Policy: No service charges are applied for changes to this reservation.

#6,004 ·
Prepping Lynn a bit.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 2:57 PM, John Mcgranaghan <john@makeroom.pro> wrote:
Thanks Lynn!

I got it/them.
I’m happy.
:)

Have a great day and see ya in two months.
You don’t mind if I bring my two pet monkeys do ya?

John

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:06 PM, John Mcgranaghan <john@makeroom.pro> wrote:
They are tame monkeys and trained to ride a Harley.

On Jun 1, 2016, at 3:09 PM, Freeborne's Lodge <lodging@freebornes.com> wrote:

Well in that case....sure...as long as they're housebroken and/or wear diapers.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:14 PM, John Mcgranaghan <john@makeroom.pro> wrote:
Well—they do prefer the sink, but will sometimes use a closet.
They are amusing at restaurants and enjoy getting folks to drink jello shots.

Usually—“hey if the monkeys can do that, I can”.

Final response:

I hope their names are Berkander & Giardina or we may have a problem.

#6,015 ·
Don't worry none Sett, Liam Neeson wore a kilt in Rob Roy and he had Jessica Lange dancing the bugaloo with him so kilts are fully functional and depending where you are they may even be considered fashionable!!

#6,018 ·
So if Luvs like the "kilted look" and makes a move on Sett isn't that like drinking too much? Maybe considered a "FEW" too many?:whistle:
Hey, in Obama's America, Toad can be a FEW. It's the law.

As for a few to many drinks, he might want to drink more, and hope for a memory blackout.

As in "I have no recollection of any anal abuse. But my turd cutter seems to be malfunctioning, I shlt the rainbow this morning. And there seems to be red, white and blue grease paint on my kilt."

#6,029 ·
"Friction reducing cream"

Is that how you northern boys refer to KY Jelly?

#6,060 ·
The meet isn't until August. You've got plenty of time to get tired of work before then?! :redrolf:

#6,068 ·
bbally showed you the pics of my blue Road King with chickie on it. Sadly, the RK is no more. Whilst in Eureka Springs the left muffler clamp broke. Road into Rogers, Ark, to Pig Trail HD to get a new one. Those damn clamps are expensive. Here is what one looks like:

Attachments

#6,072 ·
Bye to the Road King Hello to the Roadie,good move but a little costly i suspect,you won't be disappointed.

#6,076 ·
Bad clamps is bad clamps. I know how you feel. My 2012 is a result of getting a 1 inch tear in my riding gloves and stopping into the MOCO for a new pair. Funny thing is I walked out with a new bike, forgot the gloves and had to go back the next day for them. Salesman threw them in for free.:woohoo:

#6,078 ·
How much did they get you for the rubber chicken relocation kit? That's where all the profit is in the deal.

Sent from a handheld item of convenience.

#6,079 ·
Yep ice tea everywhere !!!!

#6,081 ·
on the way back home I stopped at Toad Suck HD in Conway, AR, to get a t-shirt for my daughter so she could wear it at the gay pride parade in Manhattan this weekend. I came out with 4 inch Rinehart slip-ons on the new Glide. The Ness Big Sucker is being delivered to my local indy so my wife doesn't see it. She is really pissed off. When she saw the bike in the garage Sunday morning she woke me up by beating me with my rubber chicken. And a taller Clearview recurve windshield is on the way. That little stock windscreen on the fairing is worthless.

#6,083 · (Edited)
Ah the moment they realize they lost control of your stones ... Priceless!

Good one Fred ... Life is to short to die without a road glide.

#6,082 · (Edited)
It's all about compensation and understanding. My wife doesn't ride but she likes playing in then mud so awhile back I bought my wife a gently used Jeep Wrangler for Christmas so any new bike purchases I make are now fully covered. Plus she knows if she complains too loudly, just like my ride she can also be replaced.:redrolf:
Just keeping things in perspective.

#6,102 ·
cool,, good to hear man.. liken that texas food to? shi7 you been there long enough now to burn thru a good pair of shorts exhausting yerself!! heh heh,, i remember the food in new mexico from my buddies moms,, wow, sometimes it hurt to phart! lol,, i miss those days

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.