V-Twin Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

National VTF members meeting

400K views 7K replies 63 participants last post by  Thermodyne 
#1 · (Edited)
There have been several members across the country expressing an interest lately about meeting up in person. Let's start a real discussion about this and see what we can come up with.

I would begin by proposing a very general idea.

*Pick a spot in the midsection of the US
*Post some suggested dates
*Assess the interest (in terms of numbers)
*Narrow the plan down to a specific location that can accommodate everyone
*Ride, ride, ride

I'll start.

Let's have a general meet-up for members and any friends and significant others who would like to attend.

A 2 or 3 night stay would give time to have a proper meeting and allow for those who may only be able to make a day visit at the beginning or the end.

Something within a 200 mile radius of Kansas City seems pretty neutral and central but we can adjust location based on where the farthest members would be coming from.

My wife and I go to a rally in Panama City Beach, FL and visit friends along the Gulf Coast each spring at the end of April. We could add a week to that trip and say plan this event for late April or early May. This is just a starting point for discussion, any time could be made to work.

The floor is open. Let's hear some ideas.

Updated 9-19-14
----------------------------------------

***here's who seems to be in***

1) G Man - western NC
2) Thermodyne - south central PA
3) BigD - southern LA
4) luvstoride - central NC
5) Homesick - somewhere in missile silo country (we'll try to keep the location close)
6) Alan S - south central LA
7) filterless - MN
8) WEINERDOGBONE - central IN
9) Scrubs - TX
10) bcashin1 - VA
11) Road King Cole - MA
12) Givrsum - ME
13) pjcii - north GA
14) holobach - north GA
15) FXDRYDR - MI
16) bbally - mid W CO
17) coastie - MI
18) jakec - FL panhandle
19) 107inhog - MD
20) jammer45U? - MI

maybes?

21) dynageno? - mid Cali
22) huskerbob? - central NC
23) ncmedic? - N central NC
24) Uncle Salty? - NW LA
25) Gunny4Sawx? - Cali
26) Ahar??? - top left corner

The weekend of June, 5,6,7 has been proposed. <= scratch that

**The weekend of June 12,13,14 is available at The Hub in Marble Falls, AR.**

The place of northwestern Arkansas has been proposed. <= see line above

I will figure out how to apply a poll to this thing so we can vote, maybe. <= see last few pages for "voting"

See less See more
#408 ·
For my routing. Colorado. Across national grasslands colorado Kansas to Oklahoma into Arkansas.

Colorado 18 and under need a helmet.

Kansas. 18 and under need a helmet

Oklahoma. 18 and under need a helmet

Arkansas. 21 and under need a helmet.

#410 · (Edited)
I reserved a room earlier today.

It seems she misunderstood bbally's reservation. He asked for 20 rooms and she remembers that as 20 people, 10-15 rooms. FWIW, I was reading reviews of the place and some people say that she forgot to do some things she told them she'd do.

On the bright side, The Hub is rated #1 out of 1 in Marble Falls. ;)

joe

#417 ·
There are also camping spots on the premise for 10 bucks a night.

#421 ·
Ok all,
I made my reservation today, arrive on 06/12/15 and depart on 06/15/14. I will be relocating to Chesapeake, VA. the end of November, 2014, so if anyone wants to hook up I am planning on departing the tenth or eleventh providing nothing comes up between now and then.

Look forward to putting a face to the names.

#424 ·
A real woman brings both pair + an alternate and makes her mind up... oh, wait, they don't!

#436 ·
Stilettos make it easier to pin a woman's leg's behind her...

oh, sorry, wrong thread! =devil=

#452 · (Edited)
National VTF members meeting?

He ride? He should come too

And thanks for your service!

#636 ·
G Man called. Debbie gave him FXDRYDR's room.

BTW, FXDRYDR is out. :redrolf:

Email response seems to be a bit slow. Phone calls are answered promptly. Better call.

We're talking about you. You weren't supposed to read those posts, so disregard all responses.=devil=

Enjoy your ride.
Enjoying every mile.

I didn't read any of it.

I just made my reservation too. She said "Oh you must be with the V-twin forum group". I'm glad we don't need to make a deposit.

I hope I can make it and take the time off. I already have a big vacation next September planned and I may need to take time off for operations. My back doc just recommended that I get the disk removed and fuse the spine.

rkc
Cole, that sucks but at least you know now.

We'll take it easy this weekend.

While Gman is phucking off I will keep this update going. But I am NOT dancing.
G Man is NOT fuking off, G Man is riding.

I have a new update for the list.

bbally - Wedding planner

Give him an inch...............

I can see him and G buttin' heads on who exactly is runnin' the show. Either way, it's beginning to sound like a hell of a good time.
See above.

I will have plenty of midol and tampons with in case of a bitchfest outbreak.

Toss em two midol and a tampon they usually shape up
Whoa! Not touching that one. :eek:

To bring it back slightly to subject while Gman continues to shirk his phucking duties.

The barbeque on Saturday night would be:

Pulled pork

Rolls

Beans

Corn

Slaw (summer vinegar)

Salad

A desert.

Ice tea and lemonade.

Plus you can drink anything else you want to bring.

This would be 20 per person. That includes the tip too for staff

Would be set up as buffet with all you can eat.

Will that work for everyone for saturday evening after riding?

I called the liquor store. We could pitch together and get a keg or two. Let me know interest

I am still working on a band for the evening.
All good ideas. I'm sure all will chip in.

You are in charge of planning menus and bands. Carry on. Maybe you can get Zac Brown Band.

Uh cause we are not pussiess. Lol
I am proud to be a tea drinking pusssy.

In an act of my almighty clownliness, I hereby remove Gman as planner-in-chief, and replace him with bbally. All in favor, signify by saying aye, all opposed, signify by saying nay.
I am not planner in chief, I am the Prez. I have given the planning job to bbally. While you are busy having your little vote, I will get back to my ride.

Bet that site was sobering!

Nice, I have not lived there for a long time, crab season now or over? Used to love those blues!
Red crab soup, scallops and a killer crab cake for me. Excellent!

A band would be great, but is it really necessary? With the small crowd we're going to have? After a few adult beverages, I figure we'll be able to keep ourselves entertained.
Band is not necessary, but if the planner insists, let's put a limit on the required poser contribution.

I'd go blues first, but either is great.

Are you gonna make the "Hi, I'm ..." tags too?

joe
What happened to clown t-shirts? We could get names embroidered on those right?

---------------------------------------------

I'm really glad to see so many making reservations. Even if we just all show up, it will be an awesome time I think.

#461 ·
Great roads around here, but that damn banjo music is getting louder.

We're in the middle of BFE, in a vacation rental at the top of a hill without a road. Seriously, I've been on better trails with my YZ.

I'll go by The Hub today to check it out.

#466 ·
I just made my reservation too. She said "Oh you must be with the V-twin forum group". I'm glad we don't need to make a deposit.

I hope I can make it and take the time off. I already have a big vacation next September planned and I may need to take time off for operations. My back doc just recommended that I get the disk removed and fuse the spine.

rkc

#468 · (Edited)

Red bold means I know you have made your reservation.

We are down to the nut cutting gentlemen.... sure it up with a 48 hour cancelation policy if you are pretty sure, make the call and get a room!

Let me know by bitchiing on this thread or PM if you have a reservation (Hotel reservation, not reservation about the people you have elected to hang with) and I will update the list.

Updated 9-22-14

1) G Man - western NC
2) Thermodyne - south central PA
3) BigD - southern LA
4) luvstoride - central NC
5) Homesick - somewhere in missile silo country (we'll try to keep the location close)
6) Alan S - south central LA
7) filterless - MN
9) Scrubs - TX10) bcashin1 - VA
11) Road King Cole - MA
12) Givrsum - ME
13) pjcii - north GA
14) holobach - north GA
15) FXDRYDR - MI16) bbally - mid W CO
17) coastie - MI
18) jakec - FL panhandle
19) 107inhog - MD
20) jammer45U? - MI
21) Uncle Salty - NW LA
22) bbally

maybes?

23) dynageno? - mid Cali
24) huskerbob? - central NC
25) ncmedic? - N central NC
26) Gunny4Sawx? - Cali
27) Ahar??? - top left corner

**The weekend of June 12,13,14 is the time and place at The Hub in Marble Falls, AR.**

#469 ·
Let me know by bitchiing on this thread or PM if you have a reservation (Hotel reservation, not reservation about the people you have elected to hang with) and I will update the list.

Damn, Bally, apparently you can't read the phuk'n english language because I posted this a few days ago! :redrolf::redrolf:

OK, talked to Debbie this morning and I'm all set up.
If you're gonna try to fill in for G, do it right! #Spankme@

:hystria::redrolf::hystria::redrolf:

#474 ·
Just called Debbie's voicemail won't take messages as it's full.

Will keep trying but mark me as in! Its only about 700 miles from here so might take it easy and leave the 11th and arrive sometime the 12th.

I will throw in for BBQ meat either provided by the mostly insane clown posse or the hub makes no difference for me. I will either bring a date or not. Dependent on the dating situation at the time. Too far out in the future to determine if the current back seat is going to make it...LOL.

I am bringing my dock siders, izod shirts, and khaki pants not sure if going pleated or non pleated....

#479 ·
Ok it is obvious by some of the post many of you are on medications.

Please start listing the meds you are on and the time you need to take them so we can be sure medication time at The Hub is held at the correct time everyday.

There will not be much bail money in the budget, so it is best we keep you as balanced as your doctor feels necessary with proper doses and times.

#489 · (Edited)

Red bold means I know you have made your reservation.

We are down to the nut cutting gentlemen.... sure it up with a 48 hour cancelation policy if you are pretty sure, make the call and get a room!

Updated 9-22-14

1) G Man - western NC The Prez
2) Thermodyne - south central PA Ride Costume
3) BigD - southern LA The Lawyer
4) luvstoride - central NC The Evil Clown
6) Alan S - south central LA Sophisticated *******
7) filterless - MN
9) Scrubs - TX
10) bcashin1 - VA
11) Road King Cole - MA
12) Givrsum - ME
13) pjcii - north GA
14) holobach - north GA
15) FXDRYDR - MI
16) bbally - mid W CO
17) coastie - MI Triple Stutter
18) jakec - FL panhandle
19) 107inhog - MD
20) jammer45U? - MI
21) Uncle Salty - NW LA

maybes?

22) dynageno? - mid Cali
23) huskerbob? - central NC
24) ncmedic? - N central NC
25) Gunny4Sawx? - Cali
26) Ahar??? - top left corner

**The weekend of June 12,13,14 is the time and place at The Hub in Marble Falls, AR.**

#495 ·
Put me in red numbnutz. I ain't reserving a room, but I will crash with G, BigD, Filterless,(they just don't know it yet) or I will grab a campsite.

Just like G man to start this crap and go flitting across the country. He will be punished. I may paint his room with fart art. (Remember that one D?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.