V-Twin Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

National VTF members meeting

400K views 7K replies 63 participants last post by  Thermodyne 
#1 · (Edited)
There have been several members across the country expressing an interest lately about meeting up in person. Let's start a real discussion about this and see what we can come up with.

I would begin by proposing a very general idea.

*Pick a spot in the midsection of the US
*Post some suggested dates
*Assess the interest (in terms of numbers)
*Narrow the plan down to a specific location that can accommodate everyone
*Ride, ride, ride

I'll start.

Let's have a general meet-up for members and any friends and significant others who would like to attend.

A 2 or 3 night stay would give time to have a proper meeting and allow for those who may only be able to make a day visit at the beginning or the end.

Something within a 200 mile radius of Kansas City seems pretty neutral and central but we can adjust location based on where the farthest members would be coming from.

My wife and I go to a rally in Panama City Beach, FL and visit friends along the Gulf Coast each spring at the end of April. We could add a week to that trip and say plan this event for late April or early May. This is just a starting point for discussion, any time could be made to work.

The floor is open. Let's hear some ideas.

Updated 9-19-14
----------------------------------------

***here's who seems to be in***

1) G Man - western NC
2) Thermodyne - south central PA
3) BigD - southern LA
4) luvstoride - central NC
5) Homesick - somewhere in missile silo country (we'll try to keep the location close)
6) Alan S - south central LA
7) filterless - MN
8) WEINERDOGBONE - central IN
9) Scrubs - TX
10) bcashin1 - VA
11) Road King Cole - MA
12) Givrsum - ME
13) pjcii - north GA
14) holobach - north GA
15) FXDRYDR - MI
16) bbally - mid W CO
17) coastie - MI
18) jakec - FL panhandle
19) 107inhog - MD
20) jammer45U? - MI

maybes?

21) dynageno? - mid Cali
22) huskerbob? - central NC
23) ncmedic? - N central NC
24) Uncle Salty? - NW LA
25) Gunny4Sawx? - Cali
26) Ahar??? - top left corner

The weekend of June, 5,6,7 has been proposed. <= scratch that

**The weekend of June 12,13,14 is available at The Hub in Marble Falls, AR.**

The place of northwestern Arkansas has been proposed. <= see line above

I will figure out how to apply a poll to this thing so we can vote, maybe. <= see last few pages for "voting"

See less See more
#319 ·
Hopefully he will get back to you soon, but don't hold it against them if they don't They are probably overwhelmed with B B BBQ coming up.

I'll be in that area next week. Will stop by, get a layout of the place and take some pictures. I'll also keep my eyes open for other locations in the area that may work.

So far here is my list of questions for first week of June, 2015.

Rate, available rooms.
Is camping available onsite, if so how many units and type of service.
Dry county? If so is private consumption allowed and how far to nearest store
Will bb's portable bbq factory be allowed to burn and serve onsite. BTW bb, do you need 120v for that setup?

Let me know what to add to that list or if there is any other place someone has in mind to check out.

#320 ·
No power required, even the lights are propane. I hate generator sounds!

#349 ·
I don't suppose that thing cooks mash when it's not doing the meat thing?

I may cheat and truck my bike half way or so...
Thanks, but maybe not the best option for me.

I was thinking maybe Thermodynes house, but don't tell him.

rkc
I got no problem with that.

I'm trucking the piglet the whole way. Be bringing an ice chest with some goodies.
Screw that. Ship the goodies UPS and ride that pig.

Can we uninvite that damn clown?

joe
I don't think so. But it would seem to me that he might be in luv. So it should be real easy to have our way with him.

Well, that depends on whether you're bringing a significant other or not?
So what that mean? Does the other have to be significant?

The better half doesn't get near anything with 2 wheels. I wish she would, but alas, no.
Mine either. But I can do a lot of scooter trolling in 1100 miles.

#337 ·
I have been following this thread. It would be nice to meet some of the posers from the E world. I do not say much just LMAO at some of the comments you guys make to each other. Seriously would like to join in if I am welcome.

#342 ·
The hub is out. Booked solid that weekend.

If we could look a few hundred miles west it would be appreciated

#346 ·
Well, that depends on whether you're bringing a significant other or not?

#351 ·
Don't get me wrong. I am good to haul that far if everyone still wants that area. Like going to havasu for me.

#362 ·
How hot does it get there?
rkc
And this completes the triangle of poser!

we have Rain to consider!

we have Wind to consider!

Now have Heat to consider!

Hah!#Spankme@

#364 ·
Back on the Subject.... we could go 12, 13, 14, 15 June?

IF so would you be interested in having the Vrod collision meet up for the BBQ? They will be in Eureka Springs for the weekend. Might make for a decent time.

#373 ·
Those dates are good too. Any objections?

Debbie called me from The Hub.

They are open 12 through 15 June with lots of room.

They also have camping for those that wish to do that. Like 10 bucks per night.

The do a pulled pork bbq spread..... I would really rather ride my bike there and back, so depending on the cost I may use the diesel money I would have spent hauling the rig there to sponsor a catered BBQ.

They are a dry county. But two miles from the county line. Where magically one very large liquor store is in business for those in the dry county that choose to exercise there liver.

Suppose to have some idea of room rates later today along with the bbq party costs.

Anyone from that area know a decent band?
It sounds like we should decide and make some reservations very soon.

You should ride. :chopper:

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting a collection together.
I agree.

#367 ·
Debbie called me from The Hub.

They are open 12 through 15 June with lots of room.

They also have camping for those that wish to do that. Like 10 bucks per night.

The do a pulled pork bbq spread..... I would really rather ride my bike there and back, so depending on the cost I may use the diesel money I would have spent hauling the rig there to sponsor a catered BBQ.

They are a dry county. But two miles from the county line. Where magically one very large liquor store is in business for those in the dry county that choose to exercise there liver.

Suppose to have some idea of room rates later today along with the bbq party costs.

Anyone from that area know a decent band?

#368 ·
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting a collection together.

#376 ·
#384 ·
National VTF members meeting?

I reserved two kings today

If anyone is coming PNW or Cali let me know I will be rolling Thursday June 11.

#388 ·
Okay! June 12, 13, 14 at the Hub in Marble Falls, AR works for me and FYI - that's a beautiful area.

Good job narrowing it down! :clap: Thought for a minute with all the "clowning around" it might take a while... :redrolf:

Is there a particular person to call for reservations?

Coastie, jammer - maybe we ride down together? Maybe meet up before hand.

#391 ·
Mr. Prez, count me up as a definite +1, and perhaps +2 once I ascertain what the S.O. thinks of all the planning. Then I'll get to the reservations at The HUB, and start on a stockpile of the alcamahol.

BTW, I see swag: t-shirts, ballcaps, moustache combs, and the like; but have we elected officers yet?

#397 ·
the boss is expressing much interest in coming along. there's no way her back would
handle four states on my WG, she still feels the effects from our last sturgis run from
time to time. my scoot will be strapped to a pick up bed if she comes.

vacation calendar gets passed around work in dec. i have enough seniority i'm pretty
sure i can get the time but it will be the determining factor. given that would it be
appropriate the make reservations anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.