Langlitz Leathers Columbia Jacket - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Riders Gear: Clothing & Accessories
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

BryanL wants to know Dino or Syn?
I picked mine up Thursday and went on a four day ride Friday. I went with the regular cow hide and it's heavy as hell, but I've never been happier with a jacket before. There's nothing that compares to having a properly fitted jacket when riding.
When I picked up the coat it was really stiff and I asked about a good way to break it in quickly. They told me to throw it in the dryer for 30 minutes without heat. Then put the treatment on it. The dryer trick worked really well.
BryanL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
BFFB

woodwalkertc88 wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanL
I picked mine up Thursday and went on a four day ride Friday. I went with the regular cow hide and it's heavy as hell, but I've never been happier with a jacket before. There's nothing that compares to having a properly fitted jacket when riding.
When I picked up the coat it was really stiff and I asked about a good way to break it in quickly. They told me to throw it in the dryer for 30 minutes without heat. Then put the treatment on it. The dryer trick worked really well.
no sh*t ? the thought about the dryer went thru my head but i thought for sure it would mess it up
i kinda figured it would be like a baseball mitt when we were kids ,,, just go sit on a curb and start working it
i actually stood mine up in the corner
its medium cow skin and there is absolutly no way i could wear it for any length of time the way it is now
i wont need it till september
woodwalkertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
FNG :)

bluzaholic wants to know Dino or Syn?
Langlitz

When you guys talk about the price of a quality leather jacket like Langlitz you forget about all the shiny chrome stuff that you (and me) hang on your bike that will never do you you any good if you take a spill. If you've ever been in an accident you know what leather can do for you, not some cheap made in China jacket but something good, you get what you pay for. I wear a heavyweight cowhide Langlitz jacket and Langlitz goatskin jeans, my brother has a vintage Vanson that is excellent quality also. Langlitz has the BEST guarantee period! Call and talk to Dave (the owner), he told me to wear my new jacket for 6 months and if I wasn't happy he would refund my money or make me a new one, the absolute best company I've ever dealt with!
bluzaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

Fourdays wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have owned a Langlitz jacket and pant set since 2001 and I only wish I had ordered a set sooner! I live on the West Coast but have I have ridden back to Colorado five times wearing the Langlitz leathers in every type of weather possible and they are great. The function and fit are second to none in my opinion. I had owned several other makes through the years and custom quality leather is worth every penny. The customer service is like going back in history. If money is a hurdle do some hunting on ebay, if the size is right you can get some great deals there.
Fourdays is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

klondike wants to know Dino or Syn?
Beck's Noreaster in Horsehide. Had one for years and finally out grew it. I hve owned alot of leathers through the years and without a doubt the finest, toughest jacket made. You can still get them through Legendary leathers but not in my size unforturnately. You had to wear it though and Lexol it alot to break it in. You couldn't stab through the damn thing and I am thankful for that, at least one time I was thankful for that fact. keepem sharp

PS I currently interchange between a Branded jacket made in the USA and UNIK Ultra made in India. The UNIK is a very heavy excellant jacket. Leather lined pockets too so I can carry my .45 in the inside pocket. You know when you put it on too, as I gain about 10 lbs due to the weight of the jacket.

Last edited by klondike; 02-09-2008 at 02:57 PM.
klondike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
RHP
Seasoned Rider

RHP wants to know Dino or Syn?
Time to revise the thread.

Earlier this year I flew to Portland for the sole purpose of being measured for a new set of leathers & boots.

Just received my custom-made goatskin summer breaches to match the summer weight goatskin jacket. The best motorcycle leathers available! (Sorry- Vanson & Fox Creek fans but they just don't match up to custom hand made leathers.)

By the way, at the same time I was measured by Langlitz, took a trip to Wesco in Scapoose for custom made boots. (Sorry- Red Wing fans but they just don't match up to custom hand made boots.)

You'll pay a good bit for it but there isn't a better made jacket or boots out there. No offense but unless you've ever had custom made clothes (a bad habit picked up years ago living in NYC) you just wouldn't understand the difference.
RHP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

winston1156 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Smile Update

Three years after delivery, I returned myColumbia for a sizing issue. They are replacing it FOR FREE!!!!

Great company to deal with.
2006 FLHTCUI. 4 1/8 bore (Axtell) and 4 5/8 (S+S) stroke, Woods TW8 cam, titanium valve spring, piston Cooling Kit, S+S pistons Crane Push Rods, Timken, Steamin' Beagle cylinder Studs. Thunderheader 2-1. H-D high output starter. Three oil coolers. Baker DD6. Baker plus one pan. Tru track. Hpi 55 mm. All internal wiring. led zeplin seat.
winston1156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Bayard wants to know Dino or Syn?
just got the call that my new Columbia jacket is ready to pick up. It's a replacement for one that was stolen from my home. I placed my order back in 1978 for my first set of leathers and have to say my pants and ya that stolen jacket are or where in perfect condition after so many years. those of you thinking the cow skin is just to stiff, wow they break in fast and I rarely climb out of my pants. In 78 a set of pants and jacket ran around $800, now the set is around $2000. seems a lot but they will be the last set of leathers you will need , unless some one rips them off. well worth the investment.
Bayard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 04:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
I picked up a set of Langlitz goatskin pants on ebay for $200 and they fit great!
I'm just tickled pink as retail is about $800
The jackets turn up there pretty often on ebay in regular sizes and even some extra small & large.
The pants I got were from a guy with an "in" at Langlitz.
He gets the reconditioned and overstock stuff that has been there too long and ebays it all.
http://search.ebay.com//search/searc...title=langlitz
I was lucky since he's also in Portland and I'm only 40 miles from there so I was able to go pick them up.
Great leathers and I know you'll enjoy them for a lifetime.
I have a pair of their paints...they run more like 1100.00
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

winston1156 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Columbia

Indestructible. Comfortable. Great service. You will have them for life.
2006 FLHTCUI. 4 1/8 bore (Axtell) and 4 5/8 (S+S) stroke, Woods TW8 cam, titanium valve spring, piston Cooling Kit, S+S pistons Crane Push Rods, Timken, Steamin' Beagle cylinder Studs. Thunderheader 2-1. H-D high output starter. Three oil coolers. Baker DD6. Baker plus one pan. Tru track. Hpi 55 mm. All internal wiring. led zeplin seat.
winston1156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

MikeYork5 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Langlitz are the best there is period! I bought a Columbia padded jacket and padded pants in lets see...... 1971, a little the worse for wear but still going strong.

"When ifs and buts are candy and nuts, oh what a world it will be"

The MAIN THING is too keep the Main Thing the Main Thing

Last edited by MikeYork5; 03-23-2010 at 11:13 AM.
MikeYork5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
IronButt

dswansbiker wants to know Dino or Syn?
My padded Columbia is supposed to be ready in a week. Can't wait!
dswansbiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

Indianspringsaz wants to know Dino or Syn?
Whats does the Columbia cost? I am waiting for a catalog right now. I really like what I have read and love to support small American buisness.
Big Sucker, TTS Mastertune
SERT 107/115
Arizona AMSOIL connection
Indianspringsaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Had mine since 2006 many miles in the rain and cold and they are still in great shape
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

Indianspringsaz wants to know Dino or Syn?
Padded Columbia on order. 3 month wait (
Big Sucker, TTS Mastertune
SERT 107/115
Arizona AMSOIL connection
Indianspringsaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.