V-Twin Forum banner

Boots

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  bagga 
#1 ·
I am looking for some information ( Advice) on Boot Care.
I bought a pair of "Engineer" Boots a couple years ago....cant remember who it was I got them from, an on line company... but seems like the company was called White something or River something?? They had a t catalogue and mostly sold Motorcycle gear. Anyway......back to the reason / question ....The Boots are really "Stiff" always have been, and recently I bought something for my Saddlebags on my 2003 Heritage, its called Lexol..Suppose to soften the Leather and help preserve it...so question is....Can I ( should I ?) use the "Lexol" on my boots to make them softer? not so stiiff? Or would this "Lexol" soak in to the boots ?and get on my socks /feet and cause irritation? I would hte to ruin a pair of boots..
My apologies if this is a dumb question but since I can only look outside at the 5-7" of SNOW...:-( Thought maybe I would work on my boots. Thoughts? Suggesstions? Comments?
Thanks!!!!
Ed

#4 ·
Growing up on cattle ranch operations my whole life, I would treat my tack leathers about once a year to prolong their life. Always used neatsfoot oil. Since im investing in fox creek for my motorcycle leathers, ill use Montana Pitch Blend conditioner and dressing.

I will tell ya though that after my saddles, chaps, tack etc were oiled; they would be stiffer in the cold.

#9 ·
Minkoil rubbed in and allowed to dry, then apply again. Repeat this process at least three times. I like the paste form best. Later

#11 ·
My vote goes to "Bick 4 Leather Conditioner." I am a big fan of fancy cowboy boots and it's the stuff that Lucchese boots recommends. You can use it whenever, I use it to wipe dust off my boots about once a week (a little goes a long, long way). Makes the leather softer as well, helped to break in my Schott jacket which was stiff enough to stand up by itself. And, it will not stiffen up when cold. You can get it at most western stores or Amazon. Anyway, my 2 cents...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.