V-Twin Forum banner

What kind of eyewear do you wear on your bike?

7K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  markfish54 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying some new glasses for riding the bike and While I wear Oakley's for normal outside use, I am looking at some Wiley-X's AirRage's or XL1's for the eye protection. What do you use?

JR

#3 ·
well,, it may just be me and age but,, i'd recommend the foam backed. i bought a pair of 100 and some dollar big namer's and i usually wear the one's i paid like 20 bucks for.

#6 ·
I am a tight wad so I wear some Stihl ones I bought from my local Chainsaw store. $15 and they are impact resistant. I have several pairs so if one gets scratched up I just pitch it and wear another. I also have a clear pair (don't know what brand) which I wear for riding at night.

#8 ·
If you do not wear eye protection that fit semi tight around your eyes, usually with foam, you have no idea what you are missing. its the wind that dries out your eyes..
Purchased a custom pair, tinted with my prescription, and when I put on my clear "glasses" at night I cannot believe the difference in how much wind blows around my eyes.. Buck up its worth it...

#9 ·
I've used cheap sunglasses, medium priced ones and kinda pricey ones.....one of the absolute best ones were Oakley Gascans with polarized lenses. You can see details and traffic signals from far off....simply excellent optics. I have taken glasses and put foam surrounds on them too, but the Gas Cans seem to fit tight enough. I also wear Oakley X Squared in rotation. Since i switched to a full face Simpson helmet tho, the glasses are much less important now. all that said...I think Oakleys optics are best in the business and i like that, and will gladly pay for the quality.
Tim

#14 ·
Something with foam around the edges. I wear goggles at night, just cause I got a pair. They do work good. I was looking for tinted goggled for the day, but ended up buying a pair of 7 Eyes, now something else.

I rode for years with a pair $10 glasses. I did buy a fancy pair, cause my GF's kicked were better with the setting sun. We up in the Rockies one time, and I could barely see with my cheap ones. But I am not against cheap either.

Only problem with goggles is they are pain with a helmet. They can fog up, and it is hard to raise them, with a helmet. But goggles can be very comfortable.

#16 ·
Wiley-X Brick

#19 ·
Script or no script? No script, anything with a foam backing will work. Script - I wear progressive lens so its tough, ended up ordering from Sportrx.com Wiley X Airrage. Just like the pop in/off feature of the foam. Need to order clear ones now, likely same.

#20 ·
Can't remember the brand but safety glasses made for industrial use, they are certified to resist a shotgun birdshot blast, can't remember the distance, but the are really good looking. Alot like the wiley x but less than 10 bucks a pair, I sold a load of them at the shop. I like the. Because I dont feel anything at up to 110 mph, after that there is wi d burn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.