V-Twin Forum banner

Nylon straps

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  berserker 
#1 ·
Almost 20 years ago I got the idea I was going to be a backpacker, bought a frame pack, and gear.

At a rock climbing place they showed me how to make your own straps. I have been using for years on my bike. Recently bought some more. What is nice is you can cut them to custom length. Short ones are nice typically. Won't scratch like the metal bungee cords we used to have, and can cinch to the right size, without wrapping around half the bike, or pulling to hard on something.

They got lots of colors. I have started to get away from black, and get something easy to see.

I made up some to strap my lunch pale to back seat through the saddle bag lid guards. May look some pouches to strap rain gear to the saddle bag guards on the Ultra.

I burned the ends, other wise they are to frayed to push back through. Cut them a little longer, to make it easy to buckle and eliminate possibility of slipping if right on the edge.

REI Tri glides and REI ladderlocks. I went with 1", but I am sure 3/4 is fine.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.