V-Twin Forum banner

Helmet communication devices

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  09DesertGlide 
#1 ·
Please can someone inform me on helmet intercoms or communication devices . My wife and I are considering it , but I am totally ignorant about them. Thanks !:cheers: Ebert

#3 ·
Just a heads up that im in no way shape or form a salty rider. But I have been doing lots of reading and have been looking into different communication/bluetooth systems. I've looked into the Sena's, Cardo's and interphones. Currently leaning into the cardo's due to the fact that many other riders seem to choose them and neither names that I mentioned above are compatible with the others as far as I understand it. So if I ever get a good riding buddy, chances are that they will have a Cardo more so than the others.

Currently anticipating a new system cardo is coming out with called the SHO-1. Im currently getting a Shoei Neotec and Shoei and Cardo collaborated to make a comm system made especially for the Shoei's like they did with Schuberth in the past. It has just or is just about to be released in europe and is anticipated to be released here in the states around spring next year. I would look on revzilla.com they have what I would say is a very generous selection and tons of reviews on individual products

#4 ·
+1

The various systems out there seem to be incompatible with with other brands. They are all bluetooth but don't seem to link up with one another. Revzilla does seem to provide the most information and has video links as well. FWIW the Cardo systems seems to rate high over several models for reliability, battery life, and ease of use

#5 ·
I have the Cardo G4's for myself and my wife. We have them paired to our respective Iphones, can talk to each other on intercom and go back to listening to music or on phone afterward. I did lose one unit due to not having it in place correctly but found another on Ebay to replace. I greatly miss not having one on my ride home.

#6 · (Edited)
Me and my wife are using the G9 Scalarider since some time now. It has give us good service and has good features too. We bought it online at an motorcycle e-commerce store selling various kinds of accessoires moto at a good discount. It costed us around € 257.31 to get the entire set. We have paired it with our iphones.

#10 ·
The Sena SMH10 has served us very well for 3 or 4 seasons now. Function perfectly in either a 3/4 or full faced helmet. Not great in a half helmet. Too much wind noise, not tight fitting to ears, ect. But I have really enjoyed mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.