V-Twin Forum banner

Gerbing Union Ridge pants

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Nitro-Fish 
#1 ·
Just a quick tip for eliminating a melting spot in your Gerbing Union Ridge heated pants (I think the new ones have a heat resistant panel built in now); I had the wonderful experience of melting a hole in my heated pants in stop & go traffic, but I did find an easy inexpensive fix; the local leather shop was able to sew in two leather patches where the pants could come in contact with the hot exhaust, in my case this was the left side on my true duals but I had him put the patch on both legs in case I ever need to ride one with the stock exhaust. Seam sealing, leather patches & double stitching all for $26; sure beats scraping nylon (or whatever fabric they are made of) off of your exhaust. I had the guy run the patch a little towards the front too, just to insure full coverage for any movement that may be necessary. You could also add one to the lower right leg if necessary. For those unfamiliar with the Union Ridge pants, the heating panels are not in the back side of the pants, the heating panels are easily visible just make sure the person adding the leather patches knows where they are. I would think this method could be used for riding suits & any other apparel that may melt if subjected to exhaust pipe heat.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.