V-Twin Forum banner

FXRG leather jackets

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Eleft36 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an 09 newer leather FXRG? I was in the market for a good warm jacket. I bought one today just as the store was closing. I get home and checked it out well and find the sewn in liner hangs below the leather outer, when you put you arms in the sleeves the sewn in liner sticks out and they sewed the back cargo pocket shut, Only half the zipper is attached.

Does this sound like what all the other FXRG leather jackets are like? The leather seems good and the fit was perfect but the attention to detail and or materials doesn't seem the best. Also no warranty card or tag. Got it from a Harley dealer.

For this kind of money I'd expect better.

#2 ·
That really surprises me. FXRG is Harley's top of the line jacket. I'd take it back, sounds like the dealer pulled a fast one somehow. My '99 version is still in awesome shape and every one I've tried on since has been top notch. I just can't afford a newer one. :cya:

#3 ·
Something's not right I have the jacket and the pants. the Quality on both are excellent. I took my inner lining out, and were that as a jacket also, or put the lining on first and the jacket over that. Its just easier for me that way. $650 not pocket change. Bring it back.

#4 · (Edited)
I'm going to bring it back, of course they have a store credit refund only.

The thing that really gets me is this sewn-in liner. Its way too loose and clingly. It gets stuck on my hands as I try to put them thru the sleeves then an inch of liner is sticking out. My hands are big but not that big the wrist zippers are open when I'm putting it on. Even with the removable liner installed the inner liner will stick out after putting the jacket on.

The quilted removable liner is fine.

#5 ·
Well,

I guess Im a fool. They said the zipper thing in the back goes to the fxrg pants and that they will warranty the jacket if the liner sags more. Have to live with the inner liner sticking out every time i put the jacket on need to tuck the liner back into the sleeves.

#6 ·
I have the fabric version and it does the same. Tuck it in and zip.

It's a great product.

Mine is old made in USA (America).:clap:

Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.