V-Twin Forum banner

Boots you swear by

33K views 132 replies 63 participants last post by  berserker 
#1 ·
Hey guys. In the market for some new boots, stores locally are very limited so I will probably order online and need some input. Right now im looking at the harness boots by ariat and xelement.

What boots can't you guys live without.

Im pretty much stuck on square toe and black.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#19 ·
Thanks for the link. I like the way these sound and look... just ordered a pair of steel toed western dress in black. I usually wear laredos in warm weather (17 inch chippewas in lower than 50 degrees if I am going more than an hour).... but the laredos lack a steel toe (which the chippewas have).

Here is a link to the Laredos; this particular one can be obtained in black and has a square toe:

http://www.danpostboots.com/6842.html

Nice non-skid rubber sole suitable for motorcycle riding but stylish looking and can be worn anywhere. Very comfortable. True to size.

No steel toe. But I had on a pair when I had a bad crash and though they got a scuff or two on the sides I had no injury to the feet, ankles or calves (separated pelvis though)

#6 ·
The old style FXRG boots. I've got two pair. Bought the second pair when I learned they were not going to make them any longer. Waterproof, comfortable, durable, and 200 grams of Thinsulate.

#7 ·
I have a pair of the brown crushed Xelement harness boots and love 'em. Walked around Vegas all day and no pain. Frye makes the traditional harness boot but take a while to break in. My Harley/ Wolverine steel toed lace up boots are very comfortable and have lasted for over 3 years of frequent wear.

Lots of options out there, but the online ordering presents sizing issues. The cost of exchange can negate any savings.

#8 ·
I looked at the frye's they seemed nice just couldn't get a comfortable size at the local boot store. And I was super close to ordering xelements. But I balked at the last second because they were *too* cheap haha. As dumb as that is.

I wound up going with the dual-zip boots by river road. They fit true to size. Are comfortable and sturdy, and are breaking in well. Zip up on both sides for easy on/off. Only problem I personally had the is the boot is thick at the toe, and my shifter had to be adjusted so I could get my boot under it. Easy fix tho.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
Ultimate boots come from Wesco (West Coast) Boots. For loggers, bikers, linemen, you name it. Off the rack or custom made. You can option 'em out like a car... Kevlar, GoreTex, tall or short. Even toe box shape. They'll rebuild 'em for you. They're heavy, but they're comfortable and wear like iron.

If that's too much for you, I agree that Double H makes good boots. My feet can't get along with Red Wings, pull-up or laced.

joe

#12 ·
http://www.sidisport.com/eng/splash.php?macro=2&id=2

Sidi boots are some of the best you can buy for motorcycle riding, I use a pair for the H-D and my sport touring bike....don't go cheap here, a broken ankle is no joke, work books are better than no-boots but motorcycle boots designed for just that are better.

#15 ·
I wished Corbin still made boots. I have had a pair of Corbin boots sense 96 and now 2 soles later still the most comfortable boots for riding or walking in. Other than that the HD water proof hi top with zipper are very close to the Corbin boots.

#20 ·
+3 on that. Cuz im on my third set. I like them alot. Plus if you get the side zip, you can tie them after break in and knot them and cut off extra or tuck it down tje tongue so it cant wrap around the levers. Had a pair on sneakers on one day to just go to the store and the bow got caught on my shift leaver. Luckly the old lady jmped off as soon as i stopped one legged and un hooked my foot. Now if i must wear sneakers i tuck the laces in beside my ankle.

#24 · (Edited)
I bought these..

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Mot...Mens-Short-Harness-Motorcycle-Boot/41914.html

They've held up well for about 5 years, they're my daily wear, not just for riding, comfortable once they're broken in and reasonably priced, but I've worn the soles out and it's time for a new pair myself. I want to go with a taller boot this time though, my pant legs tends to ride up over the short shaft boots, not pleasant in cold weather... :(

#28 ·
I used to wear nothing but Red Wing engineer boots but they have changed. I still wear engineer boots and the last pair I bought were Sears DieHard boots and I really like them and the price was right....I used a bunch of the wife's "cc points" to pay. :)

#31 ·
I agree with the made in USA, and paying a couple extra bucks.
My answer is the $50 Hermann Survivors at Walmart. Steal toe, Oil resistant sole, warm in the winter cool in the summer and they are light like the swat boots.. I wear the ones that are mess and leather, like the swat boots. I've had them for 7 years plus... They probably have 40 or 50K miles on them, and they are still going strong. I like them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.