V-Twin Forum banner

Boots you swear by

33K views 132 replies 63 participants last post by  berserker 
#1 ·
Hey guys. In the market for some new boots, stores locally are very limited so I will probably order online and need some input. Right now im looking at the harness boots by ariat and xelement.

What boots can't you guys live without.

Im pretty much stuck on square toe and black.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#37 ·
Boots you can't live without

...I have three pairs of motorcycle-only boots, Bates, Alpine, and HD, they are all good for the purpose and bike I'm riding. My FAVORITE though, has always been, a pair of my used Cowboy style boots, usually Tony Lama's or Nacona, that once the leather sole has been replaced a few times, I have them put a rubber sole and heel on and they are like the perfect boot for riding! My friends give me a hard time once in awhile but they are so comfortable and so familiar....

YMMV,

John

#43 ·
Somebody mentioned Double H boots earlier in this thread which is also an American made boot. Harley Davidson used to license their name on HH boots. I still have a pair that I bought many years ago and they have 10's of thousands of miles on them. I finally started to see a split on one of the toes and decided that this Christmas I would spring for some new boots.

Harley Davidson's name is now on a Chinese boot that looked very cheap. I compared the HH to the Fryes side by side, trying one on then the other. If I did not try the Frye boots, I would have purchased the HH being good quality and American made. Side by side I had to pay a little more and get the Frye boots.

Just for the record, even if a Chinese product is up to a certain level of quality, I still believe it is better to buy the American product, even if I pay more for the same quality as Chinese. That's just me. I do this on principle.

#45 ·
Just for the record, even if a Chinese product is up to a certain level of quality, I still believe it is better to buy the American product, even if I pay more for the same quality as Chinese. That's just me. I do this on principle.
I try to do the same. A few bucks, say $125 for a set of boots. However, it makes it pretty hard to spend $200+ for a boot, will I can pay $50 for a boot that will last as long.. If the boots were $150, and made in America.. I'd by them first.. The Double H have caught my eye.. Just now as I looked ta them. I will have to see them in person first.

#44 ·
Leatherup - Xelement Men's Motorcycle Harness Biker Boot with Lug Sole -I absolutely love these boots. I've had them for 3 years and not only do I wear them when riding, but they are my go-to shoe in the winter. Very comfortable! They are not waterproof, so I would recommend spraying them a couple times a year. Dollar for dollar I think these are tough to beat.

#48 ·
well, ended up buying another pair of of Xelement boots, I just couldn't see myself paying over $250 for the Frye or Double H boots. I really can't complain about their boots, mine have survived 6 years and 40000 miles of daily wear, the leather is still in good shape, just the soles are worn out. Guess the chinese win again..

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Mot...rse-Brown-Harness-Motorcycle-Boots/91480.html

#49 ·
Glad you found something. Too bad it had to go Chinese. I just got Frye boots before Christmas and thought they were kind of high at $170. $250 is a bit steeper.

#54 ·
I have ridden in Doc Martens and Merrells over the last fifteen years of riding. This spring I bought a pair of Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex boots and I wish I had gotten them a long time ago. Like a lot of motorcycle specific gear, I didn't know what I was missing until I had them.

#57 ·
Sidi boots are great for riding, they just are not that great for walking around when your off the bike.

Areostich are made in the USA, and they are made just for motorcycle riding.

#55 ·
As of late I have been riding in my USMC issue steel toed Belleville safety boots with Vibram soles. They're kind of a dual purpose functional boot.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#58 ·
I like my CruiserWorks boots. They were made in NC and are still US made today. Mine are 10 years old, still waterproof, comfortable and great for riding or walking. Oil resistant sole and can be re-soled when they wear out. You can buy them from the company or Dennis Kirk among other places. And they are black, square toed, lined with a harness strap and come in many styles. Check em out for a good US product.

#71 ·
You're kidding right? Chippewa is the only boot I wear. I don't think HD carrries them anymore. I saw only boots made in Red China in dealer. Buy them from Chippewa on line or brick and mortar We always called them engineer boots if anybody called them anything because we always all wore the same thing and didn't talk about it.. Steel toe 16" or so high . The ankle strap meant to be pulled tight buckled around the foot and top strap buckled above the calf to keep them from rolling off when you go down. Sombody has to have found and improvement in the last 100 or so years, Kevlar or something. I'll keep leather .What do your harness boots hold with your harnesses?

#79 ·
I wore many of the typical "cruiser" boots for decades, such as HH, H-D, Ariat, but now I wear a dual-sport/adventure type motorcycle boot. After crashing in 2004 and f@#king my foot and lower legs up I decided to get a more protective boot. These types of boots are in another class altogether with hard parts, fastening systems, and true waterproof capabilities. Currently wearing the Alpinestars Scout, which is a phenomenal boot. Just check the internet for the 100's of positive reviews.

#80 ·
Red Wing lace ups. My first pair lasted 30 years with some real hard use. Resoled a couple times and then the leather just gave out where the toes bend. Bought another pair and they'll probably bury me in them. Good support, heavy leather, not classy, but absolutely functional.

#81 ·
Two thumbs up on the Red Wings. I have the #406 waterproof lace up. You can get it in a 6" or 8" and regular or steel toe, insulated or standard. Nothing fancy but extremely comfortable, last for years and they just don't leak.

#83 ·
I've been rocking Carolina's for a few years now, they hold up better than most boots I see at work. I'm a Shipfitter so they see steel 40+ hrs a week and they look it. With the pillow inserts and composite toe, comfy as can be. I use them for riding too since they cover my ankles and love them riding.
Timberlands are junk, they aren't work boots, they're "dress" boots.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.