V-Twin Forum banner

Boot sizing? Wide calf?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  styeandle 
#1 ·
hi guys, new to riding/new to forum. celebrating my 25th birthday, and my wife got me a pair of boots for riding my motorcycle. they are ariat carbide h20's (can be seen here:)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Ariat-Mens-Carbide-Boot-Black/dp/B001AS77G6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333941124&sr=8-1[/ame]

tried them on, amazingly comfortable, but seemingly quite wide in the calf area. the foot fits snug but comfortable, but after the ankle, the boot stem itself is quite wide and i have a good few inches between material and my leg.

my question is, is this normal or preferred for a riding boot for some reason? and if so why? or does this seem strange to other riders with taller boots?

the size is a 10.5 EE (wide) i'm not a "wide" foot and the size was an accidental ordering. but again if im not mistaken, the "wide" only refers to the foot fitting itself and not the calf.

seems like a dumb question, but i figured id seek some sage advice.

thanks guys.

See less See more
#4 ·
That is completely normal with roper style boots. You would never get the boot on if the shaft was a smaller diameter (unless it had laces or a zipper, of course).

I've always heard about how comfortable Ariat boots are. I've been a fan of Justin Lacers for years, but I hear they are not as comfy as the Ariat lace-ups.

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.