V-Twin Forum banner

Riding Glasses--Vantage Vision

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  BikerOptix 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here has used these. I checked them out in Daytona and I was pretty impressed with the clarity. Just wanted to see if anyone on here has used them before I pulled the trigger on them. $120 seemed a little steep at the time and I wanted to do my homework on them first. Couldn't find a whole lot online about them other then the website.

http://vantage-vision.com/index.asp

#2 ·
I'm not familiar with them. $120 is a bit steep but if they are good quality, it might be worth it. No price is too high to protect the eyes...in my opinion. I tear up easily so I need foam around the frames to keep as much wind out as possible. Doesn't look like they come with that?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#3 ·
I've never had a pair of glasses survive the road for more than a few months at a time, the scratches get so bad they're useless, one reason I like glasses that have interchangeable lenses. For me more than $20 is a waste of money...

#5 ·
I have never heard of these. There seems to be very little info on the net when I googled them. $120 seems a bit much for such an unknown product, but if you were able to actually wear them and try them out then you know what your getting. I would lean towards a better known brand personally a nice pair of Wiley-Xs could be had for the same price or less. Don't trust your eyesight to a glass you're not confident of.

#6 ·
I got to admit that I like the concept of the quick changing lenses.

I found that if the glasses fit right, you do not need the foam. It looks like they would fit pretty good.

If I were looking for new glasses, I would consider them.

rkc

#7 ·
To be honest, the clarity on these were better then the Wiley X, IMO. Just wasn't sure how they would hold up. I generally stay away from glasses with foam because they seem to fog up. I'll give it a week or so (need to get a new garage door on the house) and then order them. I'll let you guys know how they hold up.

#9 ·
Thanks psgthru. They're nice. I've been using a similar pair of Foster Grants that I get at walmart for $10. They're polarized but do not have the foam. They fit nice and really no need for foam (and I wear contacts so my eyes are pretty sentitive). Just looking for something with interchangable lenses that will last.

#10 ·
Saw these at Sturgis

Saw these at Sturgis. I tried them on and the guy selling them said for me to go into the next big tent where it was considerably darker than out in the sunlight. With the dark lenses I could see well in the tent---much better than when I put my own shades on even though both pair appeared equally dark. If I didn't need bifocals I would likely go for a set of the interchangable lense glasses. They seemed to be high quality to me.
Let us know what you think when you get them.

Craig

#12 ·
To much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hi from Colorado! You dont have to spend more then $35 for a good pair of sunglasses@gree::woohoo:

I'm a sales rep for MAXX Sunglasses and all our lens are HD high definition and we have polorized models too 85% of all our models retail for $19.95

We have MLB glasses all 30 teams m and many of the top NCAA College glasses too NFL & Harley Models coming soon!

We are based out of Monument,Co south of Denver:clap:

maxxsunglasses.com " its all about the lens" You dont need to spend that much$$ good glasses and good clairity lens dont have to cost that much@gree::cya:

#14 ·
I bought my vantage in 1999 when Bryan was first starting his business. At the time i paid 80 bucks for the complete set. I've never regretted it or changed brands. They are extremely well built, and Bryan will ship you replacement lenses IF you should scratch them. Replacements are only 20 bucks. I would not change brands for any amount of money. Well worth every penny. Wife has her own pair, and she concurs completely.

#15 ·
Bobster has many styles to choose from when it comes to interchangeable lenses. They also have a LIFETIME warranty. Most of them have removable temples to turn them into goggles as well. None of the manufactures that I know of has any kind of a warranty as the Bobster line has. All of bobster's are under 80.00. Click here to see them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.