V-Twin Forum banner

Opinions on Photonic or Light Adjusting glasses

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Pop's Cycle 
#1 ·
What brands do you guys like and had good or bad experiences with. I had a pair of Panoptix and loved them but the lens are now getting to scratched. I am leaning towards the Wiley-X brand but am hoping to get some input first. I searched the forum and found most threads were a little dated. Thanks folks:beer:

#3 ·
Really loved my I-Beams...not sure they still make em or not...I've got a pair of Revo that also happened to fit my face real well too...a nice wrap to them. Wiley's are pretty popular too...I will add that if anyone needs rx lenses, I have had great success with sending my frames to lensesrx.com. I got my polarized lenses from them with scrip for about $160 and they could handle the wrap. Alot of places cannot unless you have a very weak prescription.

I'll also add that if you want transition lenses they will be best for partly sunny to cloudy days. Nothing beats polarized lenses for bright sunshine...

#5 ·
The thing I like about the Wiley-x is the impact rating. It is made to a military standard and is one of the reasons so many law enforcement guys use them. The impact of a stone thrown off of a tire at highway speed is pretty significant. I'm thinking the cost of the glasses compared to keeping my eyes is a no brainer. If I can spend that much on a bike,$150 on glasses is a pittance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.