Chinese Harley clothes : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Riders Gear: Clothing & Accessories
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 04:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

berniemc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Chinese Harley clothes

Went to Harley shop looking for a jacket and noticed all clothing have nade in China labes.Wonder why we have people loosing jobs.U would think an americasn motorcycle co would try to get some made in America clothes.For the prices they have on them they could get them made here.I wont be buyibg from them.
berniemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

kemo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Like everything else Harley has it is over priced.Harley is one of the most greedy companies in North America, it is all about the dollar and that my friend will be how Harley will cut its own throat.I ride a Harley and love it but when I go shopping for parts 99% of the time it will not be an OEM part. Very few Harley OEM parts are better then the after market.
Ken
kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Rollmeaway wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemo View Post
Like everything else Harley has it is over priced.Harley is one of the most greedy companies in North America, it is all about the dollar and that my friend will be how Harley will cut its own throat.I ride a Harley and love it but when I go shopping for parts 99% of the time it will not be an OEM part. Very few Harley OEM parts are better then the after market.
Ken
Ditto ... It's daily ... or better yet it's that Deeley greed on a daily basis

Dare
Rollmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this? FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Yep. Especially when it's priced as if it was made here. Rather be feeding Americans than starving some Chinese guy while putting the huge markup into HD's executive bonuses... Just sayin'.
S&S stuff.
Baisley Pro Street heads
+ Level 2 Mojo.
Badass pipe.
Torq Monster Motorworks
spec'd & built, extra "Special Sauce."
142HP - 148TQ SAE / 145/151 STD. More there.
Jimmy crack corn and I don't care.
FXDRYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

kustom_flames is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Guys hate to break it to you...it's not just Harley. The other day I happened to be shopping with my girlfriend (yeah I'm secure enough to admit that, plus it was only one store ). It was Nordstrom Rack, a division of the high end retailer. Anyhow, I decided to look for a winter coat while there, and being the label checker I am, found every coat to be made in China. I looked at a few dozen different ones too...this is the world now, everything is made there. We can try our best to not buy any of the crap they make but it's harder and harder these days. You wouldn't mind so much if they made quality merchandise, but the fact is that it's all junk too!

We like to think that we are buying into American Made with Harley Davidson but this isn't the case....and now as we speak, Obama is working on more free trade with Asia!!!

Sold!
kustom_flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Skywarrior wants to know Dino or Syn?
Before you buy look here : http://www.americansworking.com/index.html

I stopped buying HD clothes years ago.
Skywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Ender

Pikeslayer wants to know Dino or Syn?
How else are we going to develop these 3rd world countries?
Hobanized Crank, Axtell 117" cylinders, CP flat tops, 10.6:1 CR, Woods TW8, R&R cast heads, R&R roller rockers, HPI 51mm T/B, 4.9 g/s SE injectors, D&D Fat Cat 2into1 QB, Rivera Pro Clutch, Evo Industries 49T, Tuned by Big Boyz
Pikeslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

gretsch58 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarrior View Post
Before you buy look here : http://www.americansworking.com/index.html

I stopped buying HD clothes years ago.
Great site, thanks!

"Why behave in public when you're living on a play ground" DLR
gretsch58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
FNG :)

bensfatboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniemc View Post
Went to Harley shop looking for a jacket and noticed all clothing have nade in China labes.Wonder why we have people loosing jobs.U would think an americasn motorcycle co would try to get some made in America clothes.For the prices they have on them they could get them made here.I wont be buyibg from them.
I hear you there brother. Harley Davidson vs Metrics? Made in the good ole US of A? Harley Davidson is indeed a greedy MF of a company. Maybe if all the supporters they have start a f'n boycott on their motorclothes, accessories, service dept chgs, etc they may get the message. Harley's are very popular and it has gone to their heads and pocketbooks. Fckem!!!
bensfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Iron Butt, SS2000

jerry34208 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Not to disagree but lets not fool ourselves, all corporations are greedy as fjck! Anymore it's simply why they exist.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

'01 FXD built & tuned by Doc

Now if only I could learn to ride worth a sh!t...
jerry34208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Mittenz wants to know Dino or Syn?
How many Americans are willing to work in a factory for $0.80 hr like they do in China?
Quote:
Factories are increasing payments to workers. Governments are raising minimum wages.

The incomes of factory workers are still low compared to the workers in United States and Europe. The hourly earning in southern China is only about 80 cents per hour.

The workers from rural provinces usually earn about $200 a month, working six or seven days a week.
Link

No one even wants to work for $8.00, most complain if it's "only" $16 hr. 20 times more than what the Chinese are paid.

If you have a company and you need something made, no matter where you have it made, you will want it done as inexpensive as possible right? HD is doing what makes good business sense for them. If they went out of business and you found out it was due to high operation costs, you'd probably chastise them for that too. Every business deserves to make a profit, and nothing is overpriced as long as consumers are buying.
Mittenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Iron Butt, SS2000

jerry34208 wants to know Dino or Syn?
True 'nuff

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

'01 FXD built & tuned by Doc

Now if only I could learn to ride worth a sh!t...
jerry34208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Pop's Cycle wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you don't like "Made in China," change it! It's our own faults because we demanded cheap. You can still find plenty of stuff made in the USA if you look around.
Pop's Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

blitzking wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemo View Post
Ken
H.D.is a bunch of greedy bastards
blitzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

Icarus_ wants to know Dino or Syn?
We are suffering the same where I live. Made in China, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, India, Pakistan. I'm sure in a lot of cases we are supporting sweat shop labour and exploitation in these countries. You will never stop big corporation greed, it seems everyone is out to make fast profit rather than long term growth. One thing is fact, these countries are not going to stay cheap for very long. The Chinese are starting to wake up to the fact they are worth more than a bowl of rice to supply the west with cheap goods. They're looking to improve their lot all the time and who can blame them. If you read the right press, the stories of industrial unrest are becoming more common. Western companies can afford to pay much higher wages and still make a gigantic profit from these countries. It's all about greed people.

Greedy Edit; Jeans made in Pakistan are s**t. They have tape measures 4 inches shorter than anyone else.

Last edited by Icarus_; 11-20-2011 at 03:29 AM. Reason: I hate Pakistani made jeans!
Icarus_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement