V-Twin Forum banner

GPS and glare

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  berno56 
#1 ·
Couple of years back I decided to install a GPS on my bike. Using a Nuvi 855 and it's works wonderfully, with the exception of it being difficult to see under certain lighting conditions, i.e glare is a problem. Have looked at several hoods and shields and suggestions from other riders so I ordered a GlareStomper sun shade. Although it does not solve glare when the sun is directly behind you it performs well. Just wondering about other products on the market.

If interested take a look at GlareStompers products.

http://www.glarestomper.com

I have no direct interest other than sharing my experience.

#2 ·
The best one I saw-guy had the windshield bags. He cut the center one out for the screen of the GPS, then cut wire coat hangers in an L shape to hold up the flap of the bag. When he's using it, he unsnaps the flap and support it with the wires, turn on the GPS, and go. Built in sunshade, snap the flap shut and no one knows it's there.

#3 ·
I made a cover from a piece of black photo matte material and just taped it to my Garmin 2720. It's been on for about 5 years and works great. Its not pretty but it works and it was all free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.