V-Twin Forum banner

2nd amendment

5K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  59panhead 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anybody conceals a firearm when you ride if so what do you carrier and how to do you carrier it. I was thinking about getting a glock 38 any suggestions or opinions would help

#2 · (Edited)
I carry a j-framed S&W .38 special with me everywhere. On the bike I carry it in the pocket of either my FXRG jacket or a first gear armored dayglo yellow mesh jacket. Now that I have a roadglide I sometimes drop it into the easily accessible left side storage compartment. I practice with the revolver with both hands regularly. Obviously I don't leave the weapon in the compartment when I leave the bike. It's not a big deal to discreetly slip the little revolver from one pocket to another.

#4 ·
i was thinking about carrying a ruger super blackhawk on a sholder rig, someone would shi$ a brick looking down the barrel of that cannon, but a sinlge action isn't really practical on a motorcycle. Glock is my choice for personal defense. I always recommend trijicon night sights, because black sights are impossible to see without enough light. some ppl say you dont need to use the sights, just point and shoot but it could mean the difference between a hit or miss especially with a short barreled weapon.

as far as reliability goes I'd have to say a double action revolver beats an automatic hands down. The downside is harder trigger pull out of the box and reloading can be a pita

#8 ·
Carry Kimber Solo 9mm in Ankle holster

#11 · (Edited)
I grew up in the land of AZ, carrying a .38 S&W, then a Browning p35.
Open carry wuz and is still legal in that free state.
Nowadays I carry a .380 24/7 (have several CCW permits)
Kel-Tec P3AT most of the time and one of my AMT Backup .380 or 9mms when in heavy corrosion areas.
I sold my Kel-Tec P32 to a friend and gave my NAA .22lr derringers to my children.
Still carry two guns in the belief that it's quicker to pull another gun than reload.

When the fbi agent asked the civilian:
"Why do you carry a handgun? Are you expecting trouble?
Civilian replied: "If I was expecting trouble, I'd be carrying a rifle."

I got shot with a .32 when I wuz 17, with a 7.62x39 at 19 & have no desire to get shot again.

#14 ·
Kimber Combat Carry (Pre II version of the Compact CDP) in a black Milt Sparks 60TK under a vest.
When I'm feeling lazy, a P32 in the vest pocket.
Sometimes a S&W 442 in a jacket pocket.
If your revolvers are more reliable than your autos, buy better autos.
And despite what you see on SOA, forget about shooting from the saddle while moving. Ain't gonna happen.

#15 ·
I carry either a Bersa 380 in an iwb holster or a Kimber ultra carry 45 in my vest. I have a ccw permit so I often carry whether on or off the bike. I'm not much a fan of becoming a victim/statistic.
Remember, Ride Safe...

#19 ·
I have a Kahr CM9 that lives in my front pocket and I rotate a Colt Defender 45cal, Glock 40cal, and a Ruger LCR either in a Fobus paddle holster or a shoulder rig for cross draw. I also have a 44 magnum mountain revolver but that thing is a beast to carry - it stays in a GunVault by my bed :)

#20 ·
Two retired motor officers I know carry the Ruger LCP. It is a .380 auto. They carry it in the front pocket of their bluejeans. I never noticed them carrying until they told me about it.

A third retired motor officer carries a .38 Special J-frame revolver in his back pocket.

#23 ·
Last count I have 40 firearms to choose from -- and a small naval cannon: 3 Uzi's, 2 1911's, J frame, K frame, L frame . . .

We have CCW for Oregon and Washington state. We ride in Nevada, Idaho, and Cali-fuggin'-fornia. It's CA that raises all the carry issues for me. The high-cap semi-autos are not legal in CA, says so right on the box.

There's the "Peaceable Journey" clause in the law -- basically that you may transport through a state if the gun is unloaded and locked, your departure and destination are states where the gun is lawful.

The Peaceable Journey clause stipulates that you "cannot stop" -- not clear what constitutes a "stop." Gas is OK. Stopping for meals is maybe OK. Doing some sort of "park tour" or "roadside attraction" is not OK.

Add to this that the Vets Admin. doesn't even allow "knives or weapons" on the property -- and this means not allowed unloaded and locked up in your vehicle. This from an institution dedicated to serving those who served under arms in the defense of the nation.

Second Amendment says "shall not be infringed." The intention is to afford personal defense. "Shall not be infringed" should mean what it says.

:beatdh:

#24 ·
I carry a Glock 22 when I'm working a a Bersa 380 for my backup and off duty while riding. I was going to get a baby Glock but really don't care to carry a heavy gun when I'm off work so I got the Bersa for that. Plus it has a lighter trigger pull than most CC 380's.

#25 ·
I have plenty of options.
Most often I carry a Ruger SR9C cross draw under left arm.
Some times the LCP or LC9 in vest pocket.
Not a large build so CC with my 45's just does not work well.
If i need to draw while riding I rolling on the throttle and leaving I worry about drawing and shoot when stopped.

#27 ·
Well, this is timely for me...I just got my CCP in the mail yesterday. I have carried for many years- esp when riding. I am looking at it this way, I am "mostly legal" now. I will travel through states and be in places that dont allow CC....but I WILL carry! Just like in the past...better to have it and not need it- than need it and not have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.