V-Twin Forum banner

Rain Gear

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Nik00117 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on good rain gear? Bought basic rain gear when i got my Deluxe a few yrs ago... the jacket and pants roll into a ball... offers little real protection...want something better...... Thoughts?

#2 ·
I wear Frogg Toggs and have for the past 6 years. They have new ones that are bright lime green and thinking of buying them. I like Frogg Toggs for several reasons (1) the price, (2) comfortable to wear, (3) they breath (4) have a hood on the jacket so rain does not go down your neck, (5) keep me 100% dry, and (6) fold up into a small package so I carry both sets in on saddle bag plus other stuff.

If you purchase them, make sure you get their tot bag. Additionally, keep two of those plastic grocery bags in the tote bag for putting over your boots to the pants slide on very easy and don't leave dirty debris inside the legs.

#3 ·
I have a Tour Master rain gear set. The top has a hood and I've never been wet. Also the bottoms have a Nomex protected area on the inside of the leg and have over the shoulder straps. I keep the pants in a small bag that they came in and the top is folded in a the bag for it. Breathable, comfortable, color choices, hood on the jacket, and easy to put on with bottom pant leg zippers.

My 2 cents..

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
I bought the H-D high visibility Orange/black jacket and overalls. They roll up and stow in a nylon bag in the corner of the saddle bags. Always there when you need them. 100% waterPROOF. Velcro tab closures keep out the leaks and the wind, good seal at the neck. Leg openings are zipped past the knees and so easy to put on at the side of the highway. Stirrup straps keep the legs down over the boots. Ample exterior pockets, interior vest pocket, lots of reflective tape on sleeves, legs, torso.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.