V-Twin Forum banner

Night time riding glasses with yellow lenses?

16K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Homesick 
#1 ·
I am curious if any one uses night time glasses with yellow lenses and what's their opinion of them. Either these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V0AA1E?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1or something close to them.

I currently have cheapo clear glasses for night time. Granted I never had the best night vision to begin with, but I'm having extra trouble seeing with other car headlights and street lights in town. Out in the country, with just my headlight, I can see the road just fine. I was hoping the yellow lense would "filter" out all the other lights and let me see the road better. What you guys think?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R880 using Motorcycle App

#2 ·
Yellow helps with glare from lights, I have a pair

#9 ·
Dark amber lens during the day, bright yellow at night. The yellow works as a "blue blocker" which amplifies things like warning signs (reds and yellow) and lines on the highway.

Amber in the car too.

#10 ·
For a couple of more bucks you could spring for something interchangeable from Tifosi sunglasses....and then get a multitude of options - yellow, clear, amber, rose, dark to switch out on the same frames. I think I spent $40.

I use them across all sorts of sports - including riding.

Just a thought...

#12 ·
I frequently wear yellow "shooting glasses" on heavily overcast days because they brighten things up. Duh, never occurred to me to try them at night. Learn something new every day . . . . .

#13 ·
The 'blue' driving lights on my crashbar, in my avatar, are ion lights, (whatever that means). They throw a soft yellow light, just like shooter's lenses; and they help vision a BUNCH. They shine far and wide, but don't throw glare at oncoming drivers/riders.

They're lights and not glasses, but the yellow is a big aid. If you notice, French cars in older movies have yellow headlights. It was required, for the reasons discussed in this thread.

joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.