V-Twin Forum banner

Face Shield

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Burgundy9 
#1 ·
Wind kills my vision!

I have an Outlaw hlaf helmet. I wear glasses, so I cannot use some wraparound Oakley type shades to help remedy the wind in eyes syndrome.

Does anyone have any experience with a face shield or these helmets? Does it help and where can I get one?

#2 ·
Wraparounds

I wear glasses, I have progressive, polarized, prescription wraparound Oakley sunglasses. They work great. I sometimes wear contacts with just wraparound sunglasses, they work ok, but I miss being able to see the instruments clearly.

I only like face shields in heavy or steady rain. Vision with polarized sunglasses is usually a little distorted behind a face shield too.

#5 ·
I bought a flip=up face shield for cold weather riding and it works great. It snaps on my helmet where the visor attaches and the visor attaches to the face shield.

#9 ·
I've been hit in the face w/ small rocks, bugs, bee stings in the mouth. Full helmet w/ full face shield, behind a windshield/fairing. I have Rx glasses, dark glasses too. A dark tinted and a clear face shield, I carry both on the bike in the bags.

Yeah, chopper riders are a different breed than tour bikers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.