V-Twin Forum banner

Scala Q2 Pro Bluetooth Bike to Bike Intercom

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lonslo 
#1 ·
So, my wife and I take our bikes pretty much wherever we go, I on my '08 Ultra and she on her '10 Softail Convertible. Bottom line is that she has to stop more often than I do we decided to try a bike to bike headset system, the Scala Q2 Pro.

To say that this has been one of the top 10 most frustrating experiences of my life is not hyperbole, it is simple fact. We stopped at JP Cycles on our way back from Savannah, GA and bought them, brought them home, charged them and then tried them out. What I hear most often from my wife through my headset is "what?" and that is only if we are going less than 45 mph, otherwise all I hear is static.

She says that everything I say is like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher. I have called Cardo tech support, they said it put tape on one side of the microphone, did that, no difference.

Am I dealing with a bad unit or are these things just plain awful? Does anyone successfully use these things? We started trying them out on our half helmets then bought 3/4 helmets just to use these and it made it worse actually.

Please help or I am sending these back to J&P on fire.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wife and I have them and love them but we had the same problem. Both sides , front and rear of mike has opening, so i put piece of eletrical tape over front or wind facing side of mike , also installed a second and thicker wind boot. We still have a small amount of wind noise but it is not bad. We also set ours to the full time activation mode so we dont have to yell to activate it when we want to talk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.