V-Twin Forum banner

Helmet

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  SpringerBob 
#1 ·
I am thinking of buying a Scorpion EXO100 helmet. This helmet has a eye shield that stores up in the helmet and can be pulled down for use. My question is has anyone had one and if so your thoughts on it. Thanks Dave

#4 ·
I had an EXO200 full face helmet as my first brain bucket. Probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. I let my fat head brother use it for a summer and now it's way to big for me. I replaced it with an Arai Profile.

Scorpion has a lot of features that make you think "Hey, why the heck don't they all do this?!" Face shields are EASILY removable on full face helmets without tools. No fog coatings, clip in air dam by your chin. HEAR THAT ARAI! - you dinks could make it possible to remove a face shield without a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering you know....

I tried one (EXO100) but couldn't find a shell size that worked for my fat head. Near as I can tell Scorpion only has 3 sizes of outer shells. Yeah I know, they probably have more but they don't have an outer shell for every size like Arai or Schoei. If you have a large head you'll get the extra large shell. I wish I could have made it work for me though, I really did like the Scorpion and I know they make a great product. I ended up with a Fulmer.

#5 ·
Dave1211 - I have the Scorpion EXO100. So here are my experiences with it.

I like the hidden eye shield and it works great especially if you happen to get caught in the occasional downpour. You just push up on the left hand side and it pops down. To put it up you just push it up on the left side and locks away. Very simple.

It is a bit larger than some half helmets but it is DOT.

I was getting some pretty harsh buffeting with it on my Heritage w/windscreen so i removed the visor and this got rid of the buffeting. (doesn't look as good but my eyes aren't rattling around in my head anymore)

I live in Texas and it can be a bit hot but then again most helmets are. The good news is you can remove the liner and wash it if need be.

Also make sure when you buy it to try one one first. I had to make some modifications with a wooden spoon to the sides of the Styrofoam to get the clearance for my ears. (no i don't look like Spock ;-)

Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.